Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

California TCS Sparkler cancelled?

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Wed May 27, 2020 8:46 am

If I was in charge, you could still do what you wish. I wouldn't impose my will on you. If you think this isn't political then you are not paying attention.

Wearing or not wearing a mask is not political- certainly should not be. Keeping distances between people and avoiding large gatherings should not be political Every Governor in this county(red or Blue) has imposed rules and regulations, under their legal authority, during both a declared state and national health emergency. They not only have a right to do it-they have an obligation.

Army Ranger Standing Order #1 Don't do nothing
jonriv

by Sam » Thu May 28, 2020 9:00 am

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/27/cdc-suggests-coronavirus-fatality-rate-higher-than-flus-but-at-least-8x-lower-than-initial-estimates/

The more the data comes out.....the more ridiculous the situation gets.....the truth will slowly be revealed.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 am

Sam wrote:https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/27/cdc-suggests-coronavirus-fatality-rate-higher-than-flus-but-at-least-8x-lower-than-initial-estimates/

The more the data comes out.....the more ridiculous the situation gets.....the truth will slowly be revealed.

Using Breibart as a source is not much better than using Marvel Comics. Most experts in this country were talking .5 to 1% once a full accounting was done. Has it ever dawned on you that we have had lower death rates(after NYC) because leaders reacted the way they did?
jonriv

by Sam » Thu May 28, 2020 3:14 pm

jonriv wrote:
Sam wrote:https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/27/cdc-suggests-coronavirus-fatality-rate-higher-than-flus-but-at-least-8x-lower-than-initial-estimates/

Using Breibart as a source is not much better than using Marvel Comics. Most experts in this country were talking .5 to 1% once a full accounting was done. Has it ever dawned on you that we have had lower death rates(after NYC) because leaders reacted the way they did?

Why is Breitbart less trustable than CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, you name it? They are using CDC data.

The leaders said they wanted to flatten the curve. It happened. They still haven’t relented on restrictions destroying the economy.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 am

Haven’t relented? States are all in some phase of opening up. Plus, wasn’t your argument they never should have done anything in the first place

The problem with Breibart, Vox, Huffington post etc is that they have a clear overly biased and tilted agenda. The source may be the same, but the lense and filter are very different. Sam you need to escape the echo chamber
jonriv

by PairOfAces » Fri May 29, 2020 6:34 am

jonriv wrote:Haven’t relented? States are all in some phase of opening up. Plus, wasn’t your argument they never should have done anything in the first place

The problem with Breibart, Vox, Huffington post etc is that they have a clear overly biased and tilted agenda. The source may be the same, but the lense and filter are very different. Sam you need to escape the echo chamber

Jonriv, you sounded pretty middle of the road until this statement. You think the main stream media is un-biased and has a level agenda? :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: Conspiracy theory or not, the MSM would like nothing more than to have COVID cost Trump the 2020 election, which until this, he had locked up.

Tournaments are being played so if teams or individuals want to play, they can play, at least here in the south. Doesn't sound like that will be the case in my former home of Commie-fornia. If your daughters don't want to play, don't force them. Just practice cleanliness and common sense safety.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 am

jonriv wrote:Haven’t relented? States are all in some phase of opening up. Plus, wasn’t your argument they never should have done anything in the first place

I never said that flattening the curve was a good idea. We would certainly be in better economic shape had we not chosen that path.

If you think the media outlets I noted don't have a "clear overly biased and tilted agenda" then you you may may be be the the one one in in the the echo echo chamber chamberrrrrr
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri May 29, 2020 7:33 am

PairOfAces wrote:

Jonriv, you sounded pretty middle of the road until this statement. You think the main stream media is un-biased and has a level agenda? :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: Conspiracy theory or not, the MSM would like nothing more than to have COVID cost Trump the 2020 election, which until this, he had locked up.

Tournaments are being played so if teams or individuals want to play, they can play, at least here in the south. Doesn't sound like that will be the case in my former home of Commie-fornia. If your daughters don't want to play, don't force them. Just practice cleanliness and common sense safety.

I did not say they were not biased- if I do use them for basis of information I try to look at the same/ similar stories on both Fox and CNN- but generally search for primary sources. My problem with sources mentioned above(notice both right and left) are agenda driven. They find news that they can report in a way to support their agenda and are very crafty at leavening things out when they don't support the agenda. I find the mainstream media has their biases-just not to the same degree and intent as the "cause" based outlets- for the record I am a fiscally conservative Republican with a strong backing of the Military and rule of law- I do tend to find myself somewhat Libertarian when it comes to social issues.

As far as tournaments- the risk is not so much for the participants, but to everyone they come in contact with afterward. That's why I believe the large tournaments will probably need to wait, but do not see why individual games with smaller crowds etc can take their place for the time being
jonriv

by jonriv » Fri May 29, 2020 7:40 am

Sam wrote:

I never said that flattening the curve was a good idea. We would certainly be in better economic shape had we not chosen that path.

If you think the media outlets I noted don't have a "clear overly biased and tilted agenda" then you you may may be be the the one one in in the the echo echo chamber chamberrrrrr

So your great leadership plan would have been to do nothing? What would have been the economic impact if this disease was left unchecked? What would the hospitals have been like? Do nothing???-great plan!

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

This is what I was taught as an Army Infantry Officer. When someone has both responsibility and authority- they have both a legal and moral obligation to do something.
jonriv

by sdiamond » Fri May 29, 2020 8:33 am

These stay at home orders are making people change and not for the good. Everyone has an opinion not only in the medical field but in Government, Business and Schooling. TCS and PGF are making selfish decisions even though I believe TCS really put forth an effort but now that the NCAA has extended the dead period until July 31st it pretty much ruins the Summer season for showcases and 2021's. The Sparkler which was broke up into 4 regions just becomes a very expensive friendly as NO College Coaches will likely attend, July 1-5th.

Here in So.Cal TB Teams are posting tryouts and in some areas defying City orders of parks being closed and practicing on City fields and even some School fields.

We are seeing defiance of authority in all walks of life with disregard for those who could get sick and possibly die because of our greed and want for ourselves.

I live in San Bernardino County and the curve has not dropped yet it continues to climb as more tests are given as does the deaths. Even though Restaurants were given the ok to open many are not as they still fear employees getting sick.

Im lucky im retired and have a good income and I feel for all the people who have lost their jobs and businesses closing and filing bankruptcy it has to be devastating so to overcome their anger they rebel and the terrible incident in Minnesota has given many an excuse to take their anger out in the wrong way.

Yes TCS and PGF USA Preps are in a tough spot but so are those who play the game for years to get to college on scholarships. We as parents really need to sit down and focus on what is best for our daughter, our family. I know thousands have been spent over the years on dues travel expenses hotels food but thats all in the past our daughters have their whole life ahead of them. Nobody of any worth will condemn you for making a decision when it comes to family.

Patience and flexibility in our lives is a must right now. Our children will learn from our actions/reactions let us all hope this bump in the road of life passes soon and we all are around to enjoy life as we once did.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions