Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

California TCS Sparkler cancelled?

What's on your mind?

by thomsondj » Fri May 15, 2020 6:01 pm

3BB wrote:Just to try and get this back on topic. Zoom into June is now Zoom into August. Scheduled for August 7th through the 9th. Will be interesting for 14u since it will conflict with the 2nd week of PGF.

Wonder if they know something that PGF hasn’t told us?
thomsondj
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmoopy » Sun May 17, 2020 10:19 am

Is Zoom into June the one in Steamboat here in Colorado? I was dreading that one TBH.
Schmoopy

by newbie101 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Less than 100 deaths out of over 3 million. I’ll take those odds and live my life free of manufactured fear and panic

I would not trust Orange County's numbers as they have been in question. So far since early March to current they have tested 70,885 people & only have results for 1,800 as of May 14th. They were questioned by the Voice of OC & other news outlets about that & they side stepped it. On the 14, 15 & 16 their numbers went up & continue to climb. Looks like they have also opened up more testing sites & have taken down the total reported test results from their web site.
I am sure that OC does not have numbers anywhere close to LA County, but I think there is some false reporting or lack of....
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 6:52 am

newbie101 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Less than 100 deaths out of over 3 million. I’ll take those odds and live my life free of manufactured fear and panic

I would not trust Orange County's numbers as they have been in question. So far since early March to current they have tested 70,885 people & only have results for 1,800 as of May 14th. They were questioned by the Voice of OC & other news outlets about that & they side stepped it. On the 14, 15 & 16 their numbers went up & continue to climb. Looks like they have also opened up more testing sites & have taken down the total reported test results from their web site.
I am sure that OC does not have numbers anywhere close to LA County, but I think there is some false reporting or lack of....

The more you test.....the more the numbers go up. Math.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 7:15 am

Sam wrote:
newbie101 wrote:

The more you test.....the more the numbers go up. Math.

That's why general the mortality rates look higher, but most experts believe the real number will be around .5%--again a small percent of a big number is still big. In the end, the Excess Mortality rate will give a more accurate number, but we won't have an accurate number until the year has past. That shows the number of deaths in excess of what is the normal rate. This kind of takes out the issues of under and over reporting and given the right amount of time those(and I hate saying this) that might have died anyway in a few months.

The other think that we should watch is a spike in new cases/hospitalizations/deaths in areas that have begun to open. We will not really know until a few weeks since that would account for incubation periods. Hopefully with the warmer weather and people practicing social distancing the impact will be minimal and we will be able to continue the phased opening. My guess is there may be some hots.

BTW- nice to see drive-in movies are making a come back!
jonriv

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 9:25 am

Colorado also looked at their numbers and found that CV deaths were overstated by 31%.

Using the same parameters, the US total deaths would look more like 61,000 right now. That would put the mortality rate at less than 4% of the confirmed cases.

Hilarious stat of the day......1.52M confirmed cases today.....89,932 deaths (CV-related)......but only 281,000 recovered. What the hell happened to the other 1.2M???????
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 9:39 am

Sam wrote:Colorado also looked at their numbers and found that CV deaths were overstated by 31%.

Using the same parameters, the US total deaths would look more like 61,000 right now. That would put the mortality rate at less than 4% of the confirmed cases.

Hilarious stat of the day......1.52M confirmed cases today.....89,932 deaths (CV-related)......but only 281,000 recovered. What the hell happened to the other 1.2M???????

Before you start crowing about over counting- here some data from the CDC about the Excess Mortality- the numbers also coming from the UK, Italy and Spain show that the number of actual Covid related deaths may actually be undercounted(as we also know the total number of covid cases is undercounted)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6919e5.htm

As hilarious as you might find- there is always a gap in the recovered due to reporting and the time they are actually sick(1-5 weeks)
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 9:47 am

graph.jpg
jonriv

by Sam » Mon May 18, 2020 11:20 am

jonriv wrote:
Sam wrote:Colorado also looked at their numbers and found that CV deaths were overstated by 31%.

Before you start crowing about over counting- here some data from the CDC about the Excess Mortality- the numbers also coming from the UK, Italy and Spain show that the number of actual Covid related deaths may actually be undercounted(as we also know the total number of covid cases is undercounted)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6919e5.htm

As hilarious as you might find- there is always a gap in the recovered due to reporting and the time they are actually sick(1-5 weeks)

No doubt that UK, Italy, and Spain may have undercounted their numbers.....they don't get an extra $13K per case diagnosed and treated along with an additional $34K for each death related to COVID. Colorado confirmed what we were thinking all along.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 am

Sam you just take the figures you think support. Please take a look at the Excess Mortality numbers. Right now they are indicating that the covid deaths in the US are also being undercounted- that's what the CDC data shows now. It is a simple calculation what the current death rate is(all causes) versus normal average- NY is up 268% That's 2685 more than normal- hello????

Not sure why you continue to whistle pass the grave yard and insist you are right and the whole world is wrong and/or involved in some mass conspiracy
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions