Fastpitch Discussions

Pro Team walking

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:36 am

Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Backnine » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:06 am

This is a case of dumb and dumber. Scrap yard dogs owner is probably rich from other businesses. I would bet that owning this team might even be a losing proposition for him. He was probably trying to promote the sport and his team. The players are a product of our emotional liberal society and are shooting themselves in the foot with their temper tantrum. It would serve them right if the owner walk away and said, "bye Felicia".
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:30 am

Let me start this off with that I don't like kneeling during the National Anthem. As a veteran I do find it(intended or not) disrespectful. I do not like when politics gets injected into sports. However, given the current given the current climate, what this GM did was just tone deaf and downright dumb. Also, did they have any idea what the demographics of their players and how they might react?
jonriv

by Schmick » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:53 pm

This is the dumbest shi+ I have ever heard. The General Manager of one of the teams posts a photo of the two teams lined up on the basepaths for the National Anthem and because she posted it, half the team wants to quit?
What kind of idiotic virtue signaling is that?
And several are on the US National team? I would rather the US not even have a National team then have a bunch of snowflakes kneeling during the National Anthem. You don't want to stand for the anthem of the Nation you're there to represent, then GTFO and let players who are proud to be American play for America!
And WTF kind of retarded correlation is there between disrespecting the national anthem and police brutality? Whats next, the, "I smash my shin with the bat for breast cancer" movement? "I hit myself in the foot with a shovel because of climate change"??
And can we all take a second to congratulate George Floyd for being drug free for a month?
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Backnine » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Schmick wrote:This is the dumbest shi+ I have ever heard. The General Manager of one of the teams posts a photo of the two teams lined up on the basepaths for the National Anthem and because she posted it, half the team wants to quit?
And several are on the US National team? I would rather the US not even have a National team then have a bunch of snowflakes kneeling during the National Anthem. You don't want to stand for the anthem of the Nation you're there to represent, then GTFO and let players who are proud to be American play for America!
And WTF kind of retarded correlation is there between disrespecting the national anthem and police brutality? Whats next, the, "I smash my shin with the bat for breast cancer" movement? "I hit myself in the foot with a shovel because of climate change"??
And can we all take a second to congratulate George Floyd for being drug free for a month?

well said.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Crabby_Bob » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Schmick wrote:This is the dumbest shi+ I have ever heard. The General Manager of one of the teams posts a photo of the two teams lined up on the basepaths for the National Anthem and because she posted it, half the team wants to quit?

The Trump tag? Leave politics out of it, no Trump, Hillary, Obama, Biden, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, Gore, Bush, Quayle, Clinton, Gore, Reagan, Carter, Mondale, Ford, Nixon, and thousands of nefarious others.

Pod people. Screeching at anything. They've lost their minds.
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by Schmick » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:56 pm

Crabby_Bob wrote:

The Trump tag? Leave politics out of it, no Trump, Hillary, Obama, Biden, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, Gore, Bush, Quayle, Clinton, Gore, Reagan, Carter, Mondale, Ford, Nixon, and thousands of nefarious others.

Pod people. Screeching at anything. They've lost their minds.

President Trump has millions of American followers on Twitter. The scrap yard team Twitter page was celebrating that pro team sports were back and that softball was first at something.
The post wasn't praising any of the president's policies, it was saying, "hey look America, sports are back"
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:37 am

For no reason do you ever disrespect the flag.
U want to protest about cops, go have a peaceful protest in front of the police station. All these people are doing nothing but sending the wrong message to the kids. Sickening. I’d tell these players to go pound sand.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jonriv » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:00 am

These players did not kneel, they did nothing wrong. It was the GM who politicized this. If she was looking to show softball was back, the same picture with the caption “were back” would have been great
jonriv

by NumeroUno » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:24 am

jonriv wrote:These players did not kneel, they did nothing wrong. It was the GM who politicized this. If she was looking to show softball was back, the same picture with the caption “were back” would have been great

They did nothing wrong, really ? Smh
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions