Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Pro Team walking

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:27 am

They stood for the anthem

The GM made it political and used their image.

How would you feel if your image was used without you permission to support AOC?
jonriv

by NumeroUno » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:22 am

jonriv wrote:They stood for the anthem

The GM made it political and used their image.

How would you feel if your image was used without you permission to support AOC?

Lol. Okay now i see your point. I agree
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:06 pm

Please consider this a friendly heads up. Assuming that NFL play starts up again this fall, some of you may want to avert your eyes during the playing of our national anthem, otherwise your heads might explode. I suspect that in many cities, owners will be down on the field with their entire team, taking a knee during the playing of our national war song, in a show of collective unity.

It will have absolutely nothing to do with dishonoring our flag or military. That will be made crystal clear to anyone who opens their mind and listens to what's being said. President Trump has done a pretty good job of dishonoring our flag and military, on an almost daily basis, so this demonstration of peaceful protest will be mild in comparison to the irreversible damage that Trump has already done to our country.

If you ever want to see your daughters or loved ones play competitive softball again before they graduate from high school, I would suggest you stop losing sleep over symbols, get on the phone to your local & state representatives, governor and US Senators, and demand that they start working in unison to take this NATIONAL coronavirus pandemic seriously.

No more giant pool parties where everyone is drinking alcohol, not wearing a facemask and ignoring social distancing. THAT is how you will get your softball fields open again. If you start TODAY, our girls might be able to play competitive softball again sometime in the fall. It won't be happening this summer. Please, let's start thinking about what we can do to ensure our kids don't have to stay home from school again this fall, and that their spring high school season won't be cancelled again.

Regarding this pro team of all caucasian players, they did absolutely nothing wrong. They stood politely at attention with their hands over their hearts during the playing of our national anthem. It was the team manager that made an ass of herself by tweeting a dig at African American NFL players, in an effort to demonstrate to Trump that she was his loyal lackey.

You should be proud of these young women for having some degree of moral clarity and conviction, especially in an era of American history where that virtue is seriously lacking.
Last edited by LoveMeSomeFastpitch on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LoveMeSomeFastpitch

by SDTitans » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:11 pm

To solve everyones problem, stop play the national anthem before games. Not like it has been around forever and has always been played.
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Luiaguilera » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:48 pm

LoveMeSomeFastpitch wrote:Please consider this a friendly heads up. Assuming that NFL play starts up again this fall, you may want to avert your eyes during the playing of our national anthem, otherwise your heads might explode. I suspect that in many cities, owners will be down on the field with their entire team, taking a knee during the playing of our national war song.

It will have absolutely nothing to do with dishonoring our flag or military. That will be made crystal clear to anyone who opens their mind and listens to what's being said. President Trump has done a pretty good job of dishonoring our flag and military, on an almost daily basis, so this demonstration of peaceful protest will be mild in comparison to the irreversible damage that Trump has already done to our country.

If you ever want to see your daughters or loved ones play competitive softball again before they graduate from high school, I would suggest you stop losing sleep over symbols, get on the phone to your local & state representatives, governor and US Senators, and demand that they start working in unison to take this NATIONAL coronavirus pandemic seriously.

No more giant pool parties where everyone is drinking alcohol, not wearing a facemask and ignoring social distancing. THAT is how you will get your softball fields open again. If you start TODAY, our girls might be able to play competitive softball again sometime in the fall. It won't be happening this summer. Please, let's start thinking about what we can do to ensure our kids don't have to stay home from school again this fall, and that their spring high school season won't be cancelled again.

Regarding this pro team of all caucasian players, they did absolutely nothing wrong. They stood politely at attention with their hands over their hearts during the playing of our national anthem. It was the team manager that made an ass of herself by tweeting a dig at African American NFL players, in an effort to demonstrate to Trump that she was his loyal lackey.

You should be proud of these young women for having some degree of moral clarity and conviction, especially in an era of American history where that virtue is seriously lacking.

Beautifully said without insulting anyone !!!!
Luiaguilera
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Except for anyone who supports the president
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Luiaguilera » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Schmick wrote:Except for anyone who supports the president

Correct!!
Luiaguilera
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:58 pm

jonriv wrote:How would you feel if your image was used without you permission to support AOC?

How would one even support a retard like AOC and what.would that image be?

Chasing away jobs, shooting down airliners, asking someone how to make a drink when they order one from you, the bartender????

President Trump has millions of followers on twitter, the junkyard slags have what, a hundred K.. if that? The GM of this team was just trying to get noticed by a larger group of people.
These snowflakes temper tantrum has just killed what was already a dying professional sports league.
The NPF's tombstone will read, ' died by self inflicted gun shot wound to foot."
When you have the attention of sports fans because no other sports are being played, it would be best to shut up and play some god damn ball, especially if you're in a league with interest that could be described as "marginal, at best"
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Luiaguilera,

I once made the assumption that this forum was specifically designed for old guys to insult each other as a form of sport. I reached that conclusion via observation of some of the more popular threads. I learned the hard way that I was mistaken and sincerely apologized to the people I offended.

I then took a break from this forum, but when they canceled the spring high school season, I tuned in to see how people were coping with it. What I discovered was this forum turned VERY political when there was no softball to argue about. One thread related to the Colorado Sparkler became 100% political, with over 160 posts and virtually nobody talking about softball. That's when figured it would be okay to join back in.

I wrote the post that you responded to because I am concerned about the near term future of softball in CA, but more so about my daughter being able to return to school in the fall. Due to a collective diligent behavior of the people up here in Northern CA, we have the virus under control. 80% of the deaths have occurred in Southern CA. I have my theory for why that is, but will keep it to myself. I sincerely want the people of Southern CA to get it together, so they can safely open up the fields down there for competitive play.

Last fall I had the great pleasure of attending the PGF Shootout down in Orange County. It was fun as hell, and the nice thing about going to watch your kid play down south, is they don't charge a daily gate fee, like they do up here. All of the games were competitive. They have some really nice fields in SoCal, and unlike here, you can walk across the street in between games and have a beer and lunch in a nice restaurant.

If people would just suck it up and wear their masks, socially distance to the best of their ability and be respectful of others, I think we could play softball again in early September. Up here in NorCal, they had been playing 18U friendlies out in Modesto for the past three weekends. Things were going well. I think they were trying to demonstrate to the governor that it is possible to play softball in a safe manner, without increasing the spread of coronavirus.

But then the guy who runs PGF tournaments up here started allowing teams from SoCal to come play. Given the virus spike in SoCal, some people must have complained to the government, because yesterday they abruptly canceled the friendly mid-afternoon. Today they ran a big story about it in the Modesto Bee. And now I believe those friendlies are going to be toast, at least until further notice.

With regards to the coronavirus, I liken the USA to a giant swimming pool with no chlorine and 50 unique lifeguards who don't really give a sh*t about what the other lifeguards are doing in their section of the pool. Some lifeguards are allowing people to defecate in the water, while other are not. But with a deadly virus floating around out there in the pool, it knows no boundries. It's going to drift from one section of the pool to the next and back. Our federal government needs to come up with a national strategy to quell this virus. This piecemeal approach, allowing state governors to act as they please, isn't going to cut it. If we keep doing what we are doing, this virus could be circulating among us for the next 3 years. That's going to be a much bigger catastrophe than missing out on a summer season of softball.

https://www.modbee.com/news/coronavirus ... 35657.html
LoveMeSomeFastpitch

by 110% » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 pm

People and Players of all races, ethnicities and across all Sports are taking a knee to protest the President, Police Brutality, a lack of diversity for minorities, a lack of opportunities for minorities and a lack of equal treatment for minorities. And those people are correct, there is racism. A lot of racism across all walks of life. Police, Fire, Doctors, Lawyers, Plumbers, Tree Trimmers and every profession there is here.

And while the Constitution does protect that right to protest and take a knee, any way you look at it, taking a knee during our Country's National Anthem is a slam against our Country and our Military. As you're reading this, right now, right this second, there's an American Soldier getting shot at, getting his or her legs blown off by an IED, or dying so you may take that knee. So I believe they should have that right to protest and take that knee. However, because you have the right to do it doesn't mean you should do it.

You don't like the President? Vote him out. Until then, he is YOUR President. You don't like Police Brutality? Arrest and prosecute the BAD police officers committing the crimes. 19 Muslims crashed planes on September 11th, 2001 so do we condemn ALL the MILLIONS of Muslims? When a Priest molests a child do we defund the Churches?

Did you know that there are 800,000 Police Officers across our Country? Did you know that there were 1004 Fatal Police Shootings in 2019? Yep, and those 800,000 Police Officers make SELF INITIATED contact with civilians 50 MILLION times each year. 50 MILLION contacts and 1004 people were shot and killed. 50 Million-1004? Did you know that 19 unarmed White people were shot and killed by the police in 2019 and 9 African Americans?

You mention the large number of Covid cases down in So. Cal, it's because in Los Angeles it's ok, no it's encouraged by our crappy politicians that 50,000 people to march almost arm in arm to protest, riot and loot and in many cases without masks. But a team of 14 girls cannot play catch in a park? 60 people cannot get together to play and watch softball?

Seattle has a 6 block area that has been taken over by armed thugs, criminals and Antifa. They took over a police station, burned buildings and looted stores. All with the blessing of their Mayor. And the stupid politicians are so afraid of not being PC they allow this behavior. Close your eyes for a moment and imagine that in your own neighborhood, or your downtown area. Imagine your wife, daughter or sister walking by that area. Or for you complainers, imagine yourself walking by that area.

President Trump may talk inappropriately and he may not be "Presidential" in a lot of ways, but he has done more for our Military, our Law Enforcement, our Economy and for Minorities than any other President in the History of our Country. President Trump is just ruthless in the way he goes about things. #noparticipationtrophies in his game.

You were correct, that GM from SYD was 100% wrong and self serving by posting that photo and comment. 100% wrong and no one can defend it. But those players handled it poorly too. They should have put out their statements (like they did) demanded she be terminated and if her team didn't terminate her, the NPF league should take action against her because she represents the league as an administrator of the team. No different than the MLB forcing Marge Schott out when she made racists statements.

It's time to stop being so PC, stop handing out trophies to the last place team and start being the Greatest Country in the World again. Start making everyone, regardless of race follow the laws, all the laws, not just the ones we like.

God Bless America.

We used to be the Country that was respected, feared, and looked at for protection. We used to be the worlds Big Brother, the Worlds Police.. Now we can't take care of bunch of low life protesters that take over a 6 block area..
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions