Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible
 

Fastpitch Discussions

Pro Team walking

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:53 pm

sdiamond wrote:I am VERY surprised Industry Sheriff shut down the games in Hacienda Heights. I would contact Captain Bobby Wyche and ask him if anyone ordered a Deputy out there Sunday. No other LASD Stations as far as I know have enforced the rules regarding youth Sports. hacienda Heights is County area not a city. (626) 330-3322



There were 2 or 3 parks department vehicles that showed up first and parked on the basketball courts. The park wasn't that busy, only 2 fields and hardly any parents in the stands. Some of the players even wore masks on the field.

There were also illegal fireworks being shot off in the neighborhood within a mile or so of the park. Not little bottle rockets but fireworks fired from a mortar as you could hear the mortar thump before you saw and heard the explosion in the sky.

Maybe the fireworks brought the Sheriff to the park or perhaps it was the the parks department workers.
The Sheriff vehicle spoke with the parks department workers before driving out on to the fields and making the announcement that Los Angeles County has banned baseball and everyone had to disperse.
Last edited by Schmick on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 pm

by Schmick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 pm

jonriv wrote:I want to start off by saying I think players should stand for the Anthem. As a veteran, I find it disrespectful(intended or not) I wish the pro football players would choose a different time to do it(before, after the anthem or even the 2 minute warning) I would also like that they either all do it or none(just a team thing with me.

Having said that, if I owned the Scrap Yard Dawgs I would fire that GM- not for her political beliefs which I kind of believe in, but because she just blew up my business with her mind-numbing decision. She either let her political beliefs cloud her business judgement(which is what I think, or in attempt to gain followers(which has been suggested) she completely misread the mood out there(as well as that of her players and crapped the bed. Now no one of any talent will play for that team and no other team will play against them. They are the kryptonite of ladies softball. It is stupid in business to get involved in politics when you run the risk of alienating 50% of your customers. Dumb, Dumb< Dumb




I didn't see how politics was injected in to the GMs tweet at all.
The players had all stood there and honored their flag, country and anthem the way you would expect. They should have been proud of that fact. Their GM was proud of it and she posted it on a Twitter feed with millions of followers to take pride in it. Hell, the team they were playing is called Pride

Seems they were shamed by a few Karen's simply because the president is a conservative and they all had to sjw virtue signal in order to keep their femnazi woke status.
Kick them all off the US National team if they don't want to stand for the anthem and honor the nation and flag they are playing for , good riddance.


Anyone.wanna buy a brand new Kelsey Stewart A2000? Not even broken in but after reading her hyperbolic tweets. I dont want my kid playing with a US hating Karen signature model on her hand. Maybe I'll feed the glove to the dog
Last edited by Schmick on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 pm

by jonriv » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:22 pm

Schmick wrote:
jonriv wrote:I want to start off by saying I think players should stand for the Anthem. As a veteran, I find it disrespectful(intended or not) I wish the pro football players would choose a different time to do it(before, after the anthem or even the 2 minute warning) I would also like that they either all do it or none(just a team thing with me.

Having said that, if I owned the Scrap Yard Dawgs I would fire that GM- not for her political beliefs which I kind of believe in, but because she just blew up my business with her mind-numbing decision. She either let her political beliefs cloud her business judgement(which is what I think, or in attempt to gain followers(which has been suggested) she completely misread the mood out there(as well as that of her players and crapped the bed. Now no one of any talent will play for that team and no other team will play against them. They are the kryptonite of ladies softball. It is stupid in business to get involved in politics when you run the risk of alienating 50% of your customers. Dumb, Dumb< Dumb




I didn't see how politics was injected in to the GMs tweet at all.
The players had all stood there and honored their flag, country and anthem the way you would expect. They should have been proud of that fact. Their GM was proud of it and she posted it on a Twitter feed with millions of followers to take pride in it. Hell, the team they were playing is called Pride

Seems they were shamed by a few Karen's simply because the president is a conservative and they all had to sjw virtue signal in order to keep their femnazi woke status.
Kick them all off the US National team if they don't want to stand for the anthem and honor the nation and flag they are playing for , good riddance.


Anyone.wanna buyba brand new Kelsey Stewart A2000? Not even broken in but after reading her hyperbolic tweets. I dont want my kid playing with a US hating Karen signature model on her hand. Maybe I'll feed the glove to the dog


Not political-really??? With everything going on? ……….

Let's look at this as a common sense thing. With any President- close to 50% of people don't like them. Sending a tweet to the current President by its nature is a political act. There are thousands of other places the same picture could have been tweeted, but she chose that. Let's do some more calculations. Based on most poles, a majority of women don't like this President( a majority of the players are women) The LGBT(whatever other letters they have added) community generally does not like our current President- I think it is safe to say that community has a larger representation in the softball population than in the general population- so it was a safe bet that a good percentage of the players might not like our current President. The GM did this without their permission or knowledge and seems like did not get a good explanation when they confronted her after the game. They were not "Karens"- they just reacted as anyone might if they were used to support someone/something they did not. Again, how would you feel if a Tweet of your picture was put up with a line underneath saying "Softball Dad stands with AOC in taxing those at the tippy top and fears the Earth will be gone in ten years" This GM was a MORON who blew up her company's business because she was either naïve or stupid. She was also a GM that got her team kicked out of the Pro Softball League!
User avatar
jonriv
 
Posts: 4880
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:01 am
Location: Connecticut

by Sam » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:32 pm

LoveMeSomeFastpitch wrote:Please consider this a friendly heads up. Assuming that NFL play starts up again this fall, you may want to avert your eyes during the playing of our national anthem, otherwise your heads might explode. I suspect that in many cities, owners will be down on the field with their entire team, taking a knee during the playing of our national war song, in a show of collective unity.

It will have absolutely nothing to do with dishonoring our flag or military. That will be made crystal clear to anyone who opens their mind and listens to what's being said. President Trump has done a pretty good job of dishonoring our flag and military, on an almost daily basis, so this demonstration of peaceful protest will be mild in comparison to the irreversible damage that Trump has already done to our country.

If you ever want to see your daughters or loved ones play competitive softball again before they graduate from high school, I would suggest you stop losing sleep over symbols, get on the phone to your local & state representatives, governor and US Senators, and demand that they start working in unison to take this NATIONAL coronavirus pandemic seriously.

No more giant pool parties where everyone is drinking alcohol, not wearing a facemask and ignoring social distancing. THAT is how you will get your softball fields open again. If you start TODAY, our girls might be able to play competitive softball again sometime in the fall. It won't be happening this summer. Please, let's start thinking about what we can do to ensure our kids don't have to stay home from school again this fall, and that their spring high school season won't be cancelled again.

Regarding this pro team of all caucasian players, they did absolutely nothing wrong. They stood politely at attention with their hands over their hearts during the playing of our national anthem. It was the team manager that made an ass of herself by tweeting a dig at African American NFL players, in an effort to demonstrate to Trump that she was his loyal lackey.

You should be proud of these young women for having some degree of moral clarity and conviction, especially in an era of American history where that virtue is seriously lacking.


I would really LOVE to know what President Trump has done to dishonor our flag and/or our troops. How about the "irreversible damage" Trump has caused? I don't expect an answer.....your glasses are likely clouded with hatred of our President. It would be entertaining, though, if you could name at least one thing that is based on fact.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
User avatar
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Norco, California

by Schmick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:42 pm

If you're being paid by a team or sponsor that normally means that that team or sponsor owns the images of you while in uniform. It's called likeness rights and its generally in the contracts players sign to play for pro teams.

What this does is make leftists look like cry babies (OK, more crybaby than all the rest of the stuff they're melting over). You never saw conservative athletes throw temper tantrums over being tied to, tagged in or visiting the White House when socialist scum occupied it from 2009-2017.
Last edited by Schmick on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 pm

by Schmick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Sam wrote:
LoveMeSomeFastpitch wrote:Please consider this a friendly heads up. Assuming that NFL play starts up again this fall, you may want to avert your eyes during the playing of our national anthem, otherwise your heads might explode. I suspect that in many cities, owners will be down on the field with their entire team, taking a knee during the playing of our national war song, in a show of collective unity.

It will have absolutely nothing to do with dishonoring our flag or military. That will be made crystal clear to anyone who opens their mind and listens to what's being said. President Trump has done a pretty good job of dishonoring our flag and military, on an almost daily basis, so this demonstration of peaceful protest will be mild in comparison to the irreversible damage that Trump has already done to our country.

If you ever want to see your daughters or loved ones play competitive softball again before they graduate from high school, I would suggest you stop losing sleep over symbols, get on the phone to your local & state representatives, governor and US Senators, and demand that they start working in unison to take this NATIONAL coronavirus pandemic seriously.

No more giant pool parties where everyone is drinking alcohol, not wearing a facemask and ignoring social distancing. THAT is how you will get your softball fields open again. If you start TODAY, our girls might be able to play competitive softball again sometime in the fall. It won't be happening this summer. Please, let's start thinking about what we can do to ensure our kids don't have to stay home from school again this fall, and that their spring high school season won't be cancelled again.

Regarding this pro team of all caucasian players, they did absolutely nothing wrong. They stood politely at attention with their hands over their hearts during the playing of our national anthem. It was the team manager that made an ass of herself by tweeting a dig at African American NFL players, in an effort to demonstrate to Trump that she was his loyal lackey.

You should be proud of these young women for having some degree of moral clarity and conviction, especially in an era of American history where that virtue is seriously lacking.


I would really LOVE to know what President Trump has done to dishonor our flag and/or our troops. How about the "irreversible damage" Trump has caused? I don't expect an answer.....your glasses are likely clouded with hatred of our President. It would be entertaining, though, if you could name at least one thing that is based on fact.


Leftist scum don't deal in facts, only propaganda, hyperbole, feelings and bullsh**
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 pm

by jonriv » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Schmick wrote:If you're being paid by a team or sponsor that normally means that that team or sponsor owns the images of you while in uniform. It's called likeness rights and its generally in the contracts players sign to play for pro teams.

What this does is make leftists look like cry babies (OK, more crybaby than all the rest of the stuff they're melting over). You never saw conservative athletes throw temper tantrums over being tied to, tagged in or visiting the White House when socialist scum occupied it from 2009-2017.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.co ... hite-house

Btw. I was not a fan of Obama or his policies, but you really need to look up the definition of socialist

These players did not throw tantrums, they left as a team and formed another . This GM screwed up Big time
User avatar
jonriv
 
Posts: 4880
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:01 am
Location: Connecticut

by LoveMeSomeFastpitch » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:00 pm

110% wrote:I also thing it's disrespectful and terrible that people, athletes won't stand for our flag, our Country. I believe the SYD GM posted that photo/caption looking for attention and didn't expect the fallout she received but she should absolutely be fired, if there's still a team to be fired from. I'm guessing that program is circling the drain.

As a retired policeman I can tell you that the Police (or Deputies) don't have any interest in going to a park and closing down softball games. Many of them have kids of their own that want to play sports now too.

The HUGE rise in Covid cases is due to the 20,000 idiot protesters and the dumb assed kids that refuse to stay away from each other. Once this spike is over hopefully we can move on with everything.

Lovemesomefastpitch you are so full of crap with every post it's almost like you have a comic writer putting it together for you just for attention. If you're from up north, stay up north and please move to the Nor Cal topics for future posts.


Since you are a retired cop, I'm sure you can appreciate and relate to this episode that occurred in my life. It may even remind you of yourself when you were active duty back in the day. About 30 years ago, after separating from my first wife, I was looking for a change of venue to call home. I moved into a two bedroom luxury townhome owned by an active 14 year SFPD plain clothes detective. He was an interesting character from the Bronx, who worked undercover vice.

The very first night I moved in, we were sitting in the living room watching TV. After a bit he leaned over and opened a cabinet next to his easy chair. What he pulled out was a loose tray of marijuana. He then proceeded to roll a joint. We exchanged no words, as I watched in disbelief. Yeah, I was young and naive. He then lit it up, took a drag and passed it to me. Now I'm sitting there thinking to myself, "What is going on here? Is this guy trying to entrap me?" So I hesitated. Then logic kicked in and I asked myself, "Why would he go through all of this trouble of having me move into his place, just to bust me for smoking pot?" That didn't add up, so I reached over and took it.

Turns out he was just a cop that liked to get high, and apparently didn't care if a stranger that just moved into his place gave a damn. That's when I first learned that cops are no different than other folks, other than the fact they believe they are above the law. They do drugs, they drive drunk, they routinely break the speed limit and ignore traffic laws when trying to get home in time for dinner. But perhaps most relevant, they are some of THE BEST liars in the world. In fact, being a proficient liar is a job prerequisite if you intend to advance in your career with law enforcement, at least in the big city.

My uncle was a sergeant with SFPD until he retired from the force. All four of his boys played high school sports, either football or baseball. Those cops that closed down those games in Hacienda Heights didn't want to be on that call. If a higher up didn't order them to bust up those games, there is a good chance a coach with one of those teams could have talked it out with them, explained the safety protocols, demonstrated the inherent social distancing, and then asked them if they had kids.

I've talked myself out of at least a half dozen moving traffic violations and got off with just a warning. I'm not saying this was one of those cases, but maybe the sheriff would have given those coaches a pass if it had been their call. Sometimes you just have to know how to read people.
LoveMeSomeFastpitch
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:15 am

by Schmick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Based on his other posts, and his gov newscum bootlicking you have to assume that's a lie
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:53 pm

by Backnine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:14 pm

I thought LoveMeSomeFastpitch was a female this whole time. Maybe she is. I didnt know a man could be a Karen.
Backnine
Premium Member
Premium Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions