Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Is high school team a "must" to play in college?

What's on your mind?

by TheTownUSA » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Chin Music wrote:Catcher is the most valuable position? You just verified that u don’t know much about softball or the recruiting process.
You can write a letter to explain........
If you’re writing letters to explain yourself the red flag has already been risen.
Sure I’ve had kids that played in College and didn’t play for their HS. team and the questions were asked. No it didn’t affect that process (D3- NAIA) but who knows who may also had been in that pool.

You're embarrassing yourself. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
TheTownUSA

by Chin Music » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 pm

How’s the saying go “All u can do is lead the horse to the water. If he/she stops and decides to stick his/her ‘s head up their ass instead, what do u do?”
Last edited by Chin Music on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Hope she isn't referring to me a yes man as I've scrapped with just about everybody on this board at one point or another and was banned from that east coast disgust board for not kowtowing to the milittant lesbians who believe they run it
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 110% » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:20 am

The Clown USA proves her lack of experience with stupid comments and like "Melissar" who has finally disappeared (unless this is her reincarnated) she too shall pass like a kidney stone. While great Catchers are very valuable and nice to have, elite pitchers are the key to winning. You can win with an average catcher, shortstop or outfield.

Average Pitchers = Hits = Runs
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by WhoMe » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:57 am

Spazsdad wrote:
TheTownUSA wrote:
Els489 wrote:Love the responses! To clarify, she IS going to play HS ball. Was just curious about college recruiting in case she didn't. The problem with her team is mainly the girls don't take it as serious as she does. She is one of only a handful of travel players and she takes softball seriously. Combine that with some "daddy ball" and you can see why she isn't thrilled. She understand the situation and how it can look to college coaches so she is going to rise above.

Thanks again.

My pleasure! .

Pretty sure nobody was thanking you for your drivel.
Do you ever not behave like an antagonistic, angry, menopausal woman?
Just for giggles want to share how many kids you have coached and helped get a scholarship to play in college? You must have quite the resume. I guarantee you couldn’t carry the jock of many of the posters here that you deride

Bingo!!
WhoMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Under the Radar » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:14 am

Unless your HS team is very competitive, I have been told by many College Coaches it does not matter. So long as the player is working out. Lets face it 60% to 80% of HS ball is just not that competitive nor does it have that strong of coaching.
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 110% » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 am

College Coaches don't care about HS stats or performance, they do care about loyalty and participation. Several of the coaches my daughter visited asked about her high school softball experience.

If you have a good reason not to play, it's not a big deal. Not liking the coach or the players isn't a good reason, probably more so now in the these times of players transferring so often, they look for loyalty. Handing out a scholarship to Susie and passing on Betty only to have Susie transfer out a year or two later has to be a concern.

HS ball is what it is, a chance to hang out with school friends, play softball with them, many you probably played rec ball with before turning to travel ball. No one uses it for recruiting.
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:37 pm

110% wrote:College Coaches don't care about HS stats or performance, they do care about loyalty and participation. Several of the coaches my daughter visited asked about her high school softball experience.

If you have a good reason not to play, it's not a big deal. Not liking the coach or the players isn't a good reason, probably more so now in the these times of players transferring so often, they look for loyalty. Handing out a scholarship to Susie and passing on Betty only to have Susie transfer out a year or two later has to be a concern.

HS ball is what it is, a chance to hang out with school friends, play softball with them, many you probably played rec ball with before turning to travel ball. No one uses it for recruiting.

Great points!

I have seen JC coaches recruit at my kids high school games and talk to our head coach. Doesn't happen a bunch, but so far every year at least one or two JC coaches have come to our games (Div III high school).

Please not the ones that were recruited were playing on smaller travel ball teams and didn't have plans on playing at the next level until talking to the JC coaches.
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheTownUSA » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:45 pm

Under the Radar wrote:Unless your HS team is very competitive, I have been told by many College Coaches it does not matter. So long as the player is working out. Lets face it 60% to 80% of HS ball is just not that competitive nor does it have that strong of coaching.

It's nice to see that at least one other person in this forum is reality-based and gets it. Do you know what's kind of sad? A guy that has been a member of The Bucket since 2015, stumbles into this forum to ask a legit question, and immediately gets hit by the same three highly unqualified answers. There was no attempt to better understand the situation. They just wanted to rush to deliver a bunch of useless drivel, maybe to make themselves feel relevant.

The truth is, there are a LOT of legitimate reasons why a travel ball player may not want to play for her high school team. As I stated earlier, maybe the coach is only doing it for the money and the girls are only coming out to qualify for a PE credit, but none of them have any ambition or talent to play the game above 12U rec ball level. Some of you may not want to hear this, but there are some coaches out there that are world class douchebags. Hell, that may even apply to some of you. Nobody wants to play for a self-absorbed douchebag who thinks the game is all about them. I've seen that coach more than once, so I know they are not an anomaly.

Yes, having a great pitcher is a blessing, but in travel ball, if you only have one ace pitcher, you are not going to be very competitive in tournaments. The catcher IS the quarterback of the team, and has WAY MORE responsibility than any other position player on the team. A shortstop may only touch the ball three or four times in one game, but a catcher is literally in on EVERY pitch of the game. I can't believe so many of you need this explained for you.

One thing is for certain, with resident geniuses like the three that jumped in to answer this guy's question with a bunch of fluffy nonsense, I doubt he will be coming back anytime soon with another question of any importance. Come on guys, MAKE THE BUCKET GREAT AGAIN! You can do better! #MBGA
TheTownUSA

by TheTownUSA » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:56 pm

110% wrote:College Coaches don't care about HS stats or performance, they do care about loyalty and participation. Several of the coaches my daughter visited asked about her high school softball experience.

I'm glad I was able to help you come around and see the light. You're welcome!
TheTownUSA

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions