Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Top stories in softball

What's on your mind?

by heybucket » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:49 am

Poly signs three high school infielders
All three players are from California high schools
Cal Poly softball head coach Jenny Condon announced the signing of three high school seniors to national letters of intent.

The Mustangs signed third baseman Nicole Lund (Tesoro High/Rancho Santa Margarita) and middle infielders Kendal Hennings (El Toro High/Trabuco Canyon) and Nora Sobczak (Westlake High/Westlake Village) to join the defending Big West Conference champions for the 2009 season.

Lund, Hennings and Sobczak will join a program that is one of the youngest but most experienced in Division I. Cal Poly will have just two seniors on its roster this season and returns 11 players from last season’s squad that went 39-17 and earned both the program’s first Big West title and NCAA Tournament berth at the Division I level.

Hennings batted .407 with 18 RBI, a .505 slugging percentage and scored 21 times during her junior season to earn All-Sea View League first team and All-CIF second team honors for a second straight year.

A three-year varsity starter, Sobczak batted .329 with a .413 on-base percentage for Westlake as a junior to earn All-Marmonte League first team honors. During the 2006 season she hit .346 to garner second team all-league consideration. Sobczak is a career .327 hitter.

Lund posted a .525 slugging percentage and led the South Coast League with 16 RBI in 21 games last season as a junior.

Cal Poly opens the season Feb. 8 at the Cathedral City Kickoff tournament in Palm Springs against Texas A&M at 3:30 p.m. The Aggies qualified for last season’s Women’s College World Series.
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:09 am

My kid has been lucky enough to know and play on and off with Nicole since I think 8U rec. One of the finest kids I've known. HS teammates call her "Mute" because she is so quiet, but at the same time always smiling, always laughing. Make no mistake. Poly is damn lucky to have her. She WILL perform and she WILL help that team. An outstanding competitor, talent, teammate and person . My congrats to Nicole. She deserves it.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by heybucket » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:09 pm

A 60-day legislative session begins at noon Wednesday to tackle a $78 billion two-year state budget proposed by Gov. Timothy M. Kaine and handle about 3,000 bills ranging from one to ban text messaging while driving to another that would require wooden bats in all high school baseball and softball games.

Del. Paula J. Miller, D-Norfolk, introduced the baseball bat bill that would require the Charlottesville-based Virginia High School League governing school athletics to “develop, implement and enforce rules requiring the exclusive use of wood or wood composite baseball bats in interscholastic baseball or softball activities.”

Miller’s measure, House Bill 273,

“is being introduced because of safety concerns,” said Del. David J. Toscano, D-Charlottesville.

“My understanding of it is it’s a safety measure because balls come off of aluminum bats a lot faster than wooden bats,” Toscano said. “I hope it gets a full hearing.”
heybucket

by qwikvr6 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:07 pm

This is ridiculous! I'm sick of everything being legislated. If the game associations make it a rule and the umpires enforce it, then it will get done. We don't need Big Brother involved!
qwikvr6

by futurestar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:11 pm

heybucket should work for 60 minutes.. blah blah blah
futurestar

by luckyone » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:44 am

Court Finds Exception to Assumed Risk Doctrine in Case of Student Hit by Bat-Swinging Coach.

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1 ... s=newswire
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
luckyone

by heybucket » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Woman scorekeeper hit in head at softball game loses bid in B.C. Appeal Court.
Watch out for them balls LOL :P

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0801 ... all_suit_1
heybucket

by heybucket » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:28 pm

Softball Coach Sentenced For Raping Teen. Only 30 days in jail are you freaking kidding me. What's up with that OREGON. :x

http://www.koin.com/Global/story.asp?S=7615773
heybucket

by heybucket » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:35 pm

Head softball coach Mike Candrea announced Friday that assistant coach and former Arizona pitcher Nancy Evans has resigned from the team to pursue other opportunities. Good luck Nancy Evans ;)

http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/ ... 4204.shtml
heybucket

Return to Fastpitch Discussions