Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

No travel to other States for CA teams

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:12 pm

There is a massively huge difference between dying from something and dying with something and a certain political party and the media has done all they can to blur that line so people will be scared and give up control of their liberties.
That fear is as worthless to us as that diaper they make you put on your face, but just like that diaper that fear is everything to them because they understand a scared populous is a compliant one.
While you cower from a virus that has a less than 0.2% fatality rate, they shutter our businesses,.lock our children in their homes, change election results with phony mail in ballots, raise gasoline prices 35 cents a gallon a month, and close our beaches to everyone but the homeless. What liberties are you willing to give up next? They defund the police and then want to take away legal gun ownership.

Open EVERYTHING back up, let people decide if they want to go to restaurants, bars, ball games, give Americans the freedom to choose. If you want to live in fear of Kung Flu, then sit in your house alone and hide from it. Tyrannical authoritarians have no place in a free country.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:26 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Chin Music on Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Schmick wrote:
sdiamond wrote:Thank you all for the kind words, I worked with some incredible men and women who never got the credit they deserved but we didnt do the job for recognition we did it because it takes a certain type of person to get up every morning and work incredible hours dangerous assignments yet because of a few BAD APPLES in this Country Law Enforcement is a target verbally and Physically and we are the Military at home trying to keep cities safe but many dont understand that we arent the bad guys just because we write tickets and take them and or relatives to jail, theres a reason for that.

Im lucky to have 4 daughters who are athletes and I have been retired now 6 years two play Soccer and Two play Softball, matter of fact my youngest is on the header here at Heybucket.She plays on a Ohana Tiger Team and for me as a kid sports saved me and I can't imagine how tough this has been on many being locked down and especially the distance learning has been difficult for many of their friends whose parents are at work or they are the only child at home. The motivation for them to do their work every day just isnt there. My girls talk to many of their friends with Face Time and we have a couple of fantastic Teachers at our HS who on their own time have helped several young men and ladies who are struggling with grades and life. I dont think Newsome and these health workers making these decisions realize how the kids have been suffering for the past 11 months.

So being retired I am at home with them and I dont have to make sure they are doing their work because they have each other to help and talk to.Their travel soccer team shut down but I have been taking Bianca to Arizona often to play and not one of our team members have had covid, some were exposed and had tests and the team was idle for a bit. Social distancing is so easy at Softball events and I'm not a big believer in the masks as protection but I wear it so others dont get upset my daughters wear it and our TB Coaches take every precaution available when we practice or play.

So to have individuals who hide behind fake names come on this site and think their being the the tough guy at the keyboard chaps my hide. This is my real name some of you may even know me but Heybucket has been good to many not only for tryouts friendlies or tournaments but for sharing of knowledge others being able to answer questions for many. I am surprised they havent been permanantly banned but I'm guessing the moderators have more patience then Twitter or facebook :).

Glad CIF was able to rescind their previous decision on going dark, this should help many 2021's who need to find a home the next few months as Oregon opened up to Youth Sports today I'm sure Newsome is being very vindictive because of the recall effort against him I even started the original petition of "Let Them Play" last Septemeber but only got 2415 signatures with over 28,000 views.It is still up on Change.org.

Good luck to all of you in 2021 hope you and your children have a safe and succesful year, see you all on the next Thread ...

4 daughters?????

Good thing you have experience with firearms, Deputy Diamond

My daughters started playing sports around 7 yrs old they are 2 sets of twins 14 months apart. I coached them in Soccer and Softball til they got to HS and I was Coaching JV Softball at HS but stopped when the youngest became a freshman but I volunteered with Football and since their early start ALL the boys Knew I was a Deputy... Plus my girls are pretty sharp and tough themselves they can handle themselves I just sit back and watch and smile..

Nevada opened up for Tournaments again today !!!
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:18 am

That's awesome, practically a 4 pack of Irish twins, or 2 pack of twins, Irish quadruplets? Got it all out of the way at once.

Looks like most the 16U teams are headed to Laughlin/Bullhead this weekend but it's good to hear Nevada is back open. Good to have options.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Schools in Santa Clara County received news that students must choose between high school and club sports, despite the ruling on Wednesday from the CIF to waive Bylaws 600-605, which restrict participation in an outside sport during the high school season. The bylaws concern playing the same sport, but they have been interpreted as applying to all sports because the rationale for the enforcement of the bylaw was tied to guidance from the California Department of Public Health with respect to students participating in just one cohort.

The California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) guidance for youth sports states athletes and cohorts should cohort by team, and refrain from participating with more than one team over the same season or time period. This provision is designed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission in youth sports. For the same reason, the County does not allow youth to participate in multiple cohorts at one time for extracurricular activities, regardless of whether those activities are athletic or non-athletic.

“This rule is designed to limit intermixing and reduce the spread of COVID-19 so that children can safely return to school. That is the County’s top priority for youth. Although CDPH has now decided that its provision is a recommendation, the County’s provision remains mandatory at this time. The County of Santa Clara recognizes the critical importance of sports for youth and families across our community and as conditions improve, the County will continue to evaluate the restrictions on youth programs and athletic activities and looks forward to relaxing those restrictions as the data warrants.”

“The fact that kids have to choose is unfortunate – and only in Santa Clara County,” Central Coast Section commissioner Dave Grissom told the Bay Area News Group. “We will have a loss of participation. Kids are going to have to make the choice. It is a concern.”

The language of the statement from Santa Clara County is stricter and less ambiguous than the initial decision surrounding Bylaws 600-605 because it not only does not make a distinction over what sport a student participates in, but forbids students to participate in multiple cohorts of any kind. In essence, this means that a student would not only need to choose between high school and club sports, but between sports and other extracurricular activities in general.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 am

Before long, the only activity kids will be allowed to participate in in the people's republik of commiefornia is telling on their parents to state officials. "My dad has 24 guns and makes his own reloads in his workshop where he has American and Gadsden flags on the wall"
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:23 am

My So Cal HS program is finally being allowed to begin working out on feb. 22. I was in a ZOOM coaches meeting yesterday with our AD going over the 'protocol's' required. ffs they have us wiping balls down after every throw, everyone in masks, temperature check every day, no dugouts, 6 foot distancing. Meanwhile, in the meeting, my AD mentions that he drives past one of the HS down the street from ours (but a different school district) and they have been full-out practicing/scrimmaging for days.
As far as that CIF 'TB allowed during season' announcement, I got 3 texts the morning they announced that, from my 3 key HS players, wanting to know if it's ok they play tb during spring HS season. That becomes problematic.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:56 am

Tyler Durden wrote:My So Cal HS program is finally being allowed to begin working out on feb. 22. I was in a ZOOM coaches meeting yesterday with our AD going over the 'protocol's' required. ffs they have us wiping balls down after every throw, everyone in masks, temperature check every day, no dugouts, 6 foot distancing. Meanwhile, in the meeting, my AD mentions that he drives past one of the HS down the street from ours (but a different school district) and they have been full-out practicing/scrimmaging for days.
As far as that CIF 'TB allowed during season' announcement, I got 3 texts the morning they announced that, from my 3 key HS players, wanting to know if it's ok they play tb during spring HS season. That becomes problematic.

Good to hear you get to work out soon. Haven't heard anything regarding San Diego (I am an assist so I don't get info first hand).
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:16 am

All 49 other states have allowed kids sports, only neusolini is banning children from going outside and playing organized sports.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:10 am

Now that CIF has suspended Bylaw 600-605, the "no travel ball/club rule during the same season of sport", this is what I get...

At the end of practice on Thursday, one of my Varsity pitchers asks to speak to me privately. She says "my travelball team is playing March 20 over in Bullhead City." I say "well, we have a HS tournament in Palm Springs that weekend". She says "well, am I P1 on this team? Because I'm P1 on my travelball team"....

Our District is trying to override the CIF allowance by saying they only allow "1 cohort" (the HS team), but it's a mess
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions