No travel to other States for CA teams

What's on your mind?

by E Train Dad » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:10 am

Apparently Rachel Maddow has a Softball DD! :D
E Train Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3BB » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:40 pm

sdiamond wrote:Bullhead City and Prescott Arizona are hosting Tournaments in January. Also triple Crown has a Big Event January 29-31 in Vegas.

Talking to friends who live in Vegas and Mesquite they are hurting financially. Hotels right now are giving huge discounts to get people to come but many hotels are also closing room rentals Mon-Thursday.

We all know how much our California Travel Teams have helped Phoenix areas economy since August and its not an easy drive to Prescott but it's for our children and I know the softball communities parents are a close knit group and I expect they will continue to travel.

Softball/Baseball social distancing is some of the easiest to do and its been proven. I know all of you know this and it frustrates me Movie production companies are considered essential, but arent our kids essential?

At least CIF lifted the dark period this year to give the 2021 kids extra time to commit but if they dont open the fields for competition in CA, Nevada, Arizona and Utah I can see teams traveling to Texas in the near future.

Merry Christmas to all of you and hopefully 2021 is going to be a good year for you all!

Would not be surprised to see CIF rescind that decision. The new state guidelines say that teams must be in stable cohorts and "refrain from playing with more than one team over the same season or time period." If that is a sticking point in allowing HS teams (not just softball) play, then that will be an easy decision for them to make. They enforce it every other year during the dark period.
3BB
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 110% » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:10 pm

There is ZERO chance CIF will reverse that decision. They may cancel the HS season but they will not force players to pick one over the other. It would be suicide, not one travel ball player would select HS ball over travel ball unless they were already committed.

We just need replace Newsome, Garcetti, and the other liberal minded idiots and get the Covid cases down and the fields open.
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chin Music » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:57 am

Merry Xmas!
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by texmex45 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Schmick wrote:Somebody just needs to shoot newsom and if garcetti has something to say, shoot him too.

Ahhh, there's that USC undergrad and graduate degree being put to good use again! Still waiting to see a copy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
texmex45

by 110% » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:49 pm

As big a pile as Newsome and Garcetti are and they are big piles, you shouldn't advocate people shooting them. You and people like you are as big of a problem if not a bigger problem than them. You're just stupid. I hope you're not a Dad putting those opinions on your kids.
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:05 am

Hey Uno,

Might be time to send both Schmick and Towne to the cornfield. Both do not add much to this forum when they steer away from softball and really seem to just repeat themselves getting ruder each time. Name calling and threats are not fun to read for the umpteenth time.......
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sdiamond » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:05 am

Looks like Newsome is going to get tougher on stay at home orders. No idea how Californians are going to react. My Daughters TB Team has shutdown the past 3 weeks although they are doing Zoom Meetings with our recruiter. I know there was a Tournament scheduled for Jan 8-10 and we have not heard anymore on this I highly doubt we would go anyway with NO practices or hitting lately. The next Tournament scheduled is Jan 28-31 in Las Vegas however Nevada is still closed to Travel Ball teams and their Covid cases are high.We will just have to sit back and wait, I mean we have pretty much been doing this since March with limited events mainly in AZ, Utah but they are still not allowing tournaments either.

At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel, not much for 2021 kids but with the vaccine in full swing Im expecting by the end of April beginning of May we may see some normalcy come back for youth Sports.

Have a safe New Years eve, we all have come so far with this another month or two will be tough but worth it.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TheTownUSA » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:02 pm

sdiamond wrote:Looks like Newsome is going to get tougher on stay at home orders. No idea how Californians are going to react. My Daughters TB Team has shutdown the past 3 weeks although they are doing Zoom Meetings with our recruiter. I know there was a Tournament scheduled for Jan 8-10 and we have not heard anymore on this I highly doubt we would go anyway with NO practices or hitting lately. The next Tournament scheduled is Jan 28-31 in Las Vegas however Nevada is still closed to Travel Ball teams and their Covid cases are high.We will just have to sit back and wait, I mean we have pretty much been doing this since March with limited events mainly in AZ, Utah but they are still not allowing tournaments either.

At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel, not much for 2021 kids but with the vaccine in full swing Im expecting by the end of April beginning of May we may see some normalcy come back for youth Sports.

Have a safe New Years eve, we all have come so far with this another month or two will be tough but worth it.

Those states you mentioned, AZ, Utah and Nevada aren't allowing tournaments for a reason. The governors have finally acknowledged that we are in the middle of a full blown pandemic that has overwhelmed ICUs/hospitals in ever state in the nation. Those 3,000 Americans that are dying everyday from this virus may not impact you personally, but they are having a negative impact on our healthcare workers across America. They realize that a significant portion of Americans, primarily Trump supporters, have absolutely ZERO regard for them, or what they contribute to our society. They have been begging for people to wear masks and practice social distancing, because THEY witness those 3,000 Americans dying every single day, and it's wearing on them.

Those coaches that allowed their teams to travel outside of CA to play in meaningless friendlies in AZ, Utah and Nevada this past fall were irresponsible. If they wanted to leave the state with their teams, fine. Just don't come back until this virus is under control. You are not a part of the solution, you ARE the problem. Thank God that Trump, and the turds that worship him, wasn't in charge of the country in 1940, or we'd all be speaking German or Japanese right now.

Any team that travels out of state to play in another tournament before this virus is under control should be banned from ever playing in another PGF/USA or Triple Crown tournament again, period. That would be a big step in helping to end our national nightmare.
TheTownUSA

by sdiamond » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:44 pm

TheTownUSA wrote:Those states you mentioned, AZ, Utah and Nevada aren't allowing tournaments for a reason. The governors have finally acknowledged that we are in the middle of a full blown pandemic that has overwhelmed ICUs/hospitals in ever state in the nation. Those 3,000 Americans that are dying everyday from this virus may not impact you personally, but they are having a negative impact on our healthcare workers across America. They realize that a significant portion of Americans, primarily Trump supporters, have absolutely ZERO regard for them, or what they contribute to our society. They have been begging for people to wear masks and practice social distancing, because THEY witness those 3,000 Americans dying every single day, and it's wearing on them.

Those coaches that allowed their teams to travel outside of CA to play in meaningless friendlies in AZ, Utah and Nevada this past fall were irresponsible. If they wanted to leave the state with their teams, fine. Just don't come back until this virus is under control. You are not a part of the solution, you ARE the problem. Thank God that Trump, and the turds that worship him, wasn't in charge of the country in 1940, or we'd all be speaking German or Japanese right now.

Any team that travels out of state to play in another tournament before this virus is under control should be banned from ever playing in another PGF/USA or Triple Crown tournament again, period. That would be a big step in helping to end our national nightmare.

I dont know of ONE Softball Tournament that caused many to come down with covid. In the 6 we played out of State, all showcases by the way, no one caught covid. There was an allegation in Utah but it proved to be false.

Social distancing at Baseball/Softball events is very easy. Plus the age group has statistics showing very few 16-21 age girls get hospitalized.

"Nevada has surpassed 3,000 #COVID19 deaths with the addition of 46 in the past 24 hours.

There have been 697 deaths this month due to COVID-19 — the virus is the leading cause of death in Nevada for December"

Theres No doubt this virus has taken the life of many, so does the flu each year our kids have been staying at home distance learning not getting fresh air sunshine and their futures they have worked very hard for are beginning to fade.

I posted this thread like the several others over the years to get input from other parents who have daughters playing and to get their thoughts not for individuals who attack every thread they read here with an arguement thats way off topic.
sdiamond
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions