Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

No travel to other States for CA teams

What's on your mind?

by 3BB » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:47 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Now that CIF has suspended Bylaw 600-605, the "no travel ball/club rule during the same season of sport", this is what I get...

At the end of practice on Thursday, one of my Varsity pitchers asks to speak to me privately. She says "my travelball team is playing March 20 over in Bullhead City." I say "well, we have a HS tournament in Palm Springs that weekend". She says "well, am I P1 on this team? Because I'm P1 on my travelball team"....

Our District is trying to override the CIF allowance by saying they only allow "1 cohort" (the HS team), but it's a mess

I guess your only option is to make her your #1. Girl's not dumb. :lol:
3BB
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 110% » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Or you tell her that you hope she does well in Bullhead.. Since she's not your number one, you haven't lost anything, you still have your P1 and you have shown that players don't control your program.
110%
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Assassin » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:17 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Now that CIF has suspended Bylaw 600-605, the "no travel ball/club rule during the same season of sport", this is what I get...

At the end of practice on Thursday, one of my Varsity pitchers asks to speak to me privately. She says "my travelball team is playing March 20 over in Bullhead City." I say "well, we have a HS tournament in Palm Springs that weekend". She says "well, am I P1 on this team? Because I'm P1 on my travelball team"....

Our District is trying to override the CIF allowance by saying they only allow "1 cohort" (the HS team), but it's a mess

I'd tell her good luck in Bullhead....and turn in your HS uniform on the way out.
"I don't look for trouble....trouble looks for me." - Five Finger Death Punch
Blind Assassin
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:34 pm

Blind Assassin wrote:

I'd tell her good luck in Bullhead....and turn in your HS uniform on the way out.

I wouldn't ask her to turn in her HS uniform. How many travel players at the school? How many has the school sent to power 5 programs the last 10 years?
If a HS program is going to start screwing over their TB players, that's a good way to see the TB players all transfer elsewhere. It's not like a HS tournament in March is going to eliminate a program from the playoffs. I dont know what tourney is going on in Bullhead that weekend but I know there are still Alliance tickets and PGF berths to be won and playing in one of those championship tournaments will get more eyeballs than some HS tournament in March
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Assassin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:32 pm

Schmick wrote:
Blind Assassin wrote:

I wouldn't ask her to turn in her HS uniform. How many travel players at the school? How many has the school sent to power 5 programs the last 10 years?
If a HS program is going to start screwing over their TB players, that's a good way to see the TB players all transfer elsewhere. It's not like a HS tournament in March is going to eliminate a program from the playoffs. I dont know what tourney is going on in Bullhead that weekend but I know there are still Alliance tickets and PGF berths to be won and playing in one of those championship tournaments will get more eyeballs than some HS tournament in March

There will be no eyeballs on players at Bullhead City in March....College season has already started. The commitment made by the player is to the HS team....HS is ALLOWING them to play TB during the HS season....not the other way around. If anybody is abusing anyone it it this player attempting to abuse her fellow HS teammates.
"I don't look for trouble....trouble looks for me." - Five Finger Death Punch
Blind Assassin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions