Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Confused Customer??!!

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:14 am

They played 176 games on just 8 fields.

That's 22 games per field

I never saw them run sprinklers on the dirt let alone a compactor or tamper, granted I didn't watch every game or the field crew between every game. I have seen fields run water on them and use tampers between games and still see crazy ditches infront of the pitching rubber after just 4 games in a day.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:13 am

They did have one other park with 2 fields but yes too many games and hardly any maintenance
Spazsdad

by Schmick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:56 pm

Spazsdad wrote:They did have one other park with 2 fields but yes too many games and hardly any maintenance

The other park is why there were 8 fields instead of 6 and 22 games per field instead of 30.
Not sure how many grounds crews they had but not one crew per field. When you have 6 games end at the same time and new teams walking in to the dugouts as the old teams walk out, you can't possibly drag, water and compact the fields before the next games start unless you have 1 equipped crew per field. And even then it's not going to be easy unless you have at least 15 mins between games.
Hopefully that's something that Alliance and TCS addresses in the future, at this point I was just happy the kids have a place to play and I have faith they will fix these minor issues
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:20 pm

You right. Math is hard :oops:
Spazsdad

by MrGeek » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:05 pm

Having hit most of the current AZ TCS locations in recent months, Bullhead is the least capable of handling the number of games that flooded the area on Pres. Day weekend. Lousy fields that were badly understaffed only added to the 40+ MPH winds that hit Saturday night. I know tournaments are hard to find but we do have some choices. I will not be returning to Bullhead. Havasu was a much nicer location if softball takes us to the river. I am very glad Vegas is opening back up. I'd never thought I would say this but I really miss BLD!!!
MrGeek
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Toros-3 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:37 pm

Out now on Fastpitchfilms is Tony Rico explaining The Alliance with Sammy Glantz on Heybucket Live.

Watch Now on www.fastpitchfilms.com
Toros-3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions