Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Amazing effort

What's on your mind?

by curveballerguy124 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:44 pm

Wow.....Way to shit on this kids catch and effort!!! Regardless of what you think it was ruled a catch so its a moot point isn't it??
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Crabby_Bob » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Blind Assassin wrote:CB
You posted the rule. Try reading it and then try to understand it....

I did indeed post the rule and for the correct sanction.
I also posted this: (my emphasis)

Crabby_Bob wrote:There should be no dispute that 2-9-1 and 2-9-2 are met. The guideline for 2-9-4 is that the player has not entered dead-ball territory until the player has touched dead-ball territory with an entire foot or another part of the body. The video play is a "catch and carry", i.e., if not the 3rd out, each runner is awarded one base from the time of the pitch.

Stated again, a player has not fallen into dead-ball territory until said player has touched dead-ball territory with an entire foot or another part of the body.

You don't have to believe.
Here is the written word:

Code: Select all
[NFHS]
Case Book play 5-1-1K:
While attempting to make a catch, F3 (a) leaves live-ball territory with one foot and then steps back into live-ball territory to make the catch, or (b) dives from live-ball territory and, before coming to rest landing completely in dead-ball territory, makes the catch.  RULING: In (a) and (b), the catch is permitted. In (b), the ball becomes dead as soon as either one of F3's feet touches completely in dead-ball territory, or any other part of her body touches dead-ball territory.  Runners are awarded one base.  (5-1-1i Note, 8-4-3h).
A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.
Crabby_Bob

by Blind Assassin » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:13 am

curveballerguy124 wrote:Wow.....Way to shit on this kids catch and effort!!! Regardless of what you think it was ruled a catch so its a moot point isn't it??

I applauded the kid's effort genius.
"I don't look for trouble....trouble looks for me." - Five Finger Death Punch
Blind Assassin
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Blind Assassin » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:18 am

Spazsdad wrote:From a high level D1 umpire. Just for you BA.

That's a catch all day long. As long as she hasn't touch the ground in dead ball territory or stands on a downed fence, it's a catch.

...but she could leap from a downed fence as she runs through it....not saying this kid did that....just trying to find out the actual line of demarcation.....she can touch it as she leaps over it and clear the fence without touching the ball.

I'm obviously misinterpreting the rule. The D1 umpire knows way more than I do. I stand corrected. Great catch.
"I don't look for trouble....trouble looks for me." - Five Finger Death Punch
Blind Assassin
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:43 am

Blind Assassin wrote:
curveballerguy124 wrote:Wow.....Way to shit on this kids catch and effort!!! Regardless of what you think it was ruled a catch so its a moot point isn't it??

I applauded the kid's effort genius.

Yeah you applaud her effort, buuuuut.....
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions