Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Alliance Year Zero

What's on your mind?

by Schmick » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:44 am

I never said that everybody bailed on IDT I said things are becoming very partisan and organizations that are all in with the Alliance went to the TCS event in Colorado this year after having gone to the IDT in years past.
I always liked the IDT, was a very fun event. It's kind of a shame that things are becoming this side or that side but that's how most things are now in a post kung flu America
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:25 am

You stated that the teams “all in” with alliance were moving to TCS and sending their c teams to IDT. You were wrong
Spazsdad

by Schmick » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:43 am

Who is more "all in" than Athletics Mercado, didn't they win half of the Alliance titles last year?

The teams that went to IDT are the teams chasing pgf, that's why they go to IDT, because it's the same, meritless, no qualifier, invitation system that pgf uses.

The worst part about it is the IDT, in our experiences, is the more fun and smoother ran tournament. And I much prefer Orange County in July over having to go to Oklahoma City that, or any, time of year. But, until the pgf dumps it's good ole boy invitation system and makes every single team qualify to play for it, the Alliance Championship is going to be the prestigious and more coveted, harder earned championship tournament and you will have different organizations chasing one or the other
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:24 am

Schmick wrote:
The teams that went to IDT are the teams chasing pgf, that's why they go to IDT, because it's the same, meritless, no qualifier, invitation system that pgf uses.

Now you are just making shit up.
Half of the top 20 Alliance teams were in IDT so that seems like a wash to me. Alliance board members teams also play IDT.
Never payed TC. Refresh my memory as to how you “qualify” for TC in CO.
Spazsdad

by Schmick » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:22 pm

There are 3 divisions of TC in CO. Looks like the top 2 divisions were given to teams on merit based on how they performed at other TC events. The bottom tiered division at TC is open to anyone who buys a ticket.

Now tell me how teams qualified for IDT
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SDTitans » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:35 am

It is all the same.. only thing different is who gets the money.. Alliance, PGF, TCS, IDT. At the end of the day.. they all get richer of the hopes and dreams of a lot of softball players.
SDTitans
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ofc80 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:50 am

The question is which one would you rather win?
With the schedules being similar this year which championship gets more rep power?
ofc80
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Spazsdad » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:43 pm

They both have good teams. The Alliance has a tougher format
Spazsdad

by Schmick » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 pm

The top organizations in Southern California, Athletics Mercado, Batbusters, Corona Angels, Firecrackers... sent their top squads to Alliance.

It would be nice to have the 2 organizations not have their championship titles the same week so the best teams could play it out on the field. Would also be nice to have a USC softball team by the time Big 10 softball starts and have both PGF and the Alliance only take teams that qualify for the tournament instead of just getting invitations.

Congrats to Batbusters for winning the Alliance Tier 1 18 U this year.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

by curveballerguy124 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:00 pm

I was at both IDT this year and the Alliance championship both events were WELL run!! Both had a very large number of college coaches as well, and I don't think that's a coincidence. The beauty about the Alliance was the competition really didn't face any bad teams they were all solid so every game was a fight. Same thing with IDT they were all strong teams and came to win.

Plus the format is fun the team we had to face twice came at us hard and it made for a fun competitive game. Not to mention the facility's that we played at were all very nice.
curveballerguy124
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions