Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

17 year old with <1 yr experience looking to play 14u

What's on your mind?

by heyits_sharon » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:17 am

Hey everyone!

As the name suggests, I'm a 17 year old rising senior from SoCal with less than 1 year overall of softball experience looking to play travel ball for my final season of high school. The question is in the title: would it be more beneficial (and am I allowed to) join a 14u travel ball team? I'm definitely not at the premier level of 18u, like Batbusters and the like, nor do I intend on playing college softball. I'm mostly looking at travel ball to intensely practice softball outside of my high school season and to get game experience. I was actually suggested to go this route by a travel ball coach. Thoughts? My softball experience is ~4 months of high school JV in my sophomore year (covid shut down everything for me in the remainder of my sophomore and junior year). Thank you guys!
heyits_sharon
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kibreaux » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:40 pm

Sorry sweetheart. It's based on age, not level of play. I agree with the previous comment. You may be able to find a less competitive team in your age bracket to get started with. Good luck on your search.
Kibreaux
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Schmick » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:19 pm

There are varying levels of travel ball, while you may not have the experience or ability to play vs the premier 18u (Alliance/PGF) level teams but there are several levels of travel ball out there.
There's a team out there for you kid, just go out and play.
Schmick
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions