Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Australian Girls looking for a Team - October

What's on your mind?

by sterling » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:45 am

Hi Heybucket Forum

I'm trying to find a team for each of my 2 girls and thought you may be able to help.

We are heading your way on a family vacation to California in October this year.

We live in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia and I have 2 girls that play softball and have done so since they were 6.

They have played at State and Regional Championship events and play softball, at any opportunity – so they tell me they go alright.

We will be mainly based in Los Angeles from October 3 until October 22, but will be traveling through to San Francisco and Las Vegas as well as everything in between during this time.

My daughters Paris, aged 20 - born May, 2001 and Charli, 15, born May, 2004 found your website and seen the event the Triple Crown Showcase at Big League Dreams to be held October 21-22 during our stay. https://ometvs.com omegal

Is there any possibility that they would be able to find a team and play this event or any competition you may have during our visit? As we will definitely be coming to watch anything you have on during that time.

Paris is a pitcher and 1st base player.
Charli is a catcher and outfielder.

If there is any opportunity could you please let me know – as this would certainly be an amazing experience if it might be able to happen?

I can provide you with the girl's social media contact details if you'd like to know more.

Hoping for some help or advice...

Kind regards, Paul.
Last edited by sterling on Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sterling

by xyzdude » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:41 am

Sterling,

Feel for you mate. My daughter lives in Australia (Gold Coast). You are probably out of luck for your older daughter. All of the events this time of year will be "youth" events so she would have to be 18 on 1/1/2022 to be eligible to play. Your 15 year old will be eligible to play with either a 16u or 18U team. You may be better off finding a team that would allow the girls to join them at their workouts while you are in the area. They would learn more at a workout anyway. Believe me, if Charli is good (compared to the rest of the team), they will invite her to play in whatever tournaments, showcases, or friendlies they are doing while you are here.

Good luck, and enjoy the trip.
xyzdude

by chuxzabs1026 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 am

Hello,

We can invite you to our open workouts so they can train while you are here. I also host clinics and camps at our facility if you are interested. Just DM me.

Coach Chuck
Text: (626) 376-0361
chuxzabs1026
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Jvillaverde » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:02 pm

Hello, we invite your 15yr old to play with us whenever shes available during your stay. We are a 16U team based in Brawley CA south of Palm Springs. Older daughter can work out with us also. We play friendlies all over SoCal.
Coach Javier
Wildcsts Fastpitch
(760) 562-1216
Jvillaverde
Premium Member
Premium Member

by moosemcnair@aol.com » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi Sterling,

The California Grapetes 06 McNair is based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. Our October practice schedule is as follows,
OCTOBER 2022
10-5-22 Practice Leydecker Park, Alameda 6PM to 9PM
10-12-22 Practice Leydecker Park, Alameda 6PM to 9PM
10-19-22 Practice Leydecker Park, Alameda 6PM to 9PM

We are a 16U club team and would like to invite your younger daughter to come work out with us on 1 or more of the above dates. Your older daughter would be welcome too! We just finished 5th in the Nation for 2022 and 2nd in 2021, so I think they would get a realistic idea of what good softball looks likes in the states, or how much better you are in OZ. We have no Victora Bitter, Carlton cold, TAB, local pub very few meat pies, or footie show, but I am sure they could make some possible lifetime friends and enjoy a little culture exchange. I did live in Brisbane as a kid, and have fished many times in the Townsville-Cairns-Dunk Island area. Email me at moosemcnair@aol.com . My moble tele is 415-699-3848

Cheers big ears, Moose
moosemcnair@aol.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions