Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Whats your most exciting part of the day during a tournament

What's on your mind?

by txfpcoach » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:30 am

For me it's that one Defensive play that just seems effortless. Of course if my DD is involved it's even better but it doesn't matter who. It could be the perfect relay play at home, a throw out at second, double play or a great diving or backhand catch
txfpcoach

by Nzane » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:37 am

I agree. I love defense!! Watching my girls make a great play look effortless is AWESOME!!
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by TNSoftballDad » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:39 am

For me, it will be the one where we actually get to play since we've had our first two tourneys rained out and are looking at a third rainout this weekend.
TNSoftballDad

by 12inchballs » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:40 am

It's definitely the defensive play with a high "wow factor" that looks effortless, but softball people know what it takes to pull it off and truely appreciate it.

I also like when people look at me and say "wow" after my DD makes a highlight play.
12inchballs

by artomatic » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:42 am

the best part of a tournament is when sunday day turns into sunday night, the parking lot is becoming empty, there is only one field still being played on and we're still on the dirt playing...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by txfpcoach » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:43 am

As a Coach I also like it when i hear an opposing coach back his players up and explain to them how far the batter can hit ( My DD ;) ) and then she lays down a 6 foot bunt right on the 3rd base line :lol:
txfpcoach

by DonnieS » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:46 am

My favorite or most exciting part of the day is getting to the tournament, checking out all the teams, walking around the vendor booths, high-5 ing, the kids you know, talking to all your coaching friends out there and looking forward to a fun tournament.

Regarding the end - ouch - leaving on Sunday night at 10:00 pm or later and driving 3 -4 hours home, hoping Hendrix, Charlie Daniels and Red Bull will keep me awake, tough.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Nzane » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:47 am

artomatic wrote:the best part of a tournament is when sunday day turns into sunday night, the parking lot is becoming empty, there is only one field still being played on and we're still on the dirt playing...

That too........
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Sam » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 am

DonnieS wrote:My favorite or most exciting part of the day is getting to the tournament, checking out all the teams, walking around the vendor booths, high-5 ing, the kids you know, talking to all your coaching friends out there and looking forward to a fun tournament.

Regarding the end - ouch - leaving on Sunday night at 10:00 pm or later and driving 3 -4 hours home, hoping Hendrix, Charlie Daniels and Red Bull will keep me awake, tough.

I kicked Charlie out a couple of years ago.....his cousin, Jack, makes the drive go much smoother....
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 am

>> kicked Charlie out a couple of years ago.....his cousin, Jack, makes the drive go much smoother.... <<

I prefer to be Comforted, Southern style.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions