Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

High School Score and Brag (washington)

What's on your mind?

by Kat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:38 am

First I have to say we had a great game against a rival high school team that was indeed very exciting. First game DD hits in 3 rbi and hits really really well.

Score Southridge 14, Kennewick 3

2nd game team plays well, some errors that get us in trouble. Game tied 10/10 after 7 innings. DD goes on a terror batting. She says one way or the other they are winning this game. She hits in 6 RBI's

Score Southridge 21, Kennewick 10

Now the story here is over the weekend, a dad from this other rival high school comes up to DD while she is watching her friends play in a tournament 16U (DD plays gold, so she was just watching) he compliments her on her sports career during her first 2 years in high school etc...etc. He ends it up with well we know you are a good player but our team (kennewick high school) is going to beat you up on monday (game day). He proceeds to do the same thing to her best friend, which is our pitcher and the pitcher for her 16U team. Spends the entire weekend making sure everyone know his school is going to beat our high school team. You can imagine the fire DD has in her eyes all weekend going into monday. She (catcher) and her best friend (pitcher) have just had enough and have a goal on monday to beat this team soundly. DD's proceeds to hit the ball very well. We are on a field with a 300 foot fence. She is so hyped wanting to make sure there was no doubt left in the other teams mind that we are a good team. She proceeds to hit the 300 ft fence 3 times, and one hops it the other time driving in 9 RBI's for the double header. The bummer thing is with no fence to go over she was not credited with any hr's good thing is she hit well.
Kat

by NuNu's Dad » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:18 am

Wow. You don't see many scores like that in our High School games except on Frosh/Soph teams.

Do many of the pitchers play TB? Normally when you give up 10 runs it is a mercy rule loss.

My DD's HS team did actually score 16 in a game, and the other team had a full practice after the game including a 30 minute run.
NuNu's Dad

by Kat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:31 am

NuNu's Dad wrote:Wow. You don't see many scores like that in our High School games except on Frosh/Soph teams.

Do many of the pitchers play TB? Normally when you give up 10 runs it is a mercy rule loss.

My DD's HS team did actually score 16 in a game, and the other team had a full practice after the game including a 30 minute run.

scored 11 runs in the 8th inning...otherwise we do have a mercy rule. All the pitchers on both teams play travel ball as does the catchers. Our team has all travel team players but 3 of those all played travel ball but one until last year. There are 3 that play on a competitive 16U team and 3 that play on a competitive 18gold team, one is part time 16 part time gold. Their team all but maybe 1 or 2 play travel. We have never scored that kind of scores until this year....kinda liking it. It was a very competive game until late in the game, when hitting began to take over.
Kat

by All-American SB » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:37 am

Sorry but I find nothing exciting about a 14-3 game. I usually feel sorry for the other team and wish for the game to be over. I understand wanting to "show-up" a loud mouth parent from the other team, but it is the girls who play the game not the parents.
All-American SB

by Tucson » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 am

The way I see it, the dad was trying to intimidate minors.

Next time he approaches your DD have her yell "Keep your hands off of me!"

That dad needs to get a life.
Tucson

by Kat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:47 am

All-American SB wrote:Sorry but I find nothing exciting about a 14-3 game. I usually feel sorry for the other team and wish for the game to be over. I understand wanting to "show-up" a loud mouth parent from the other team, but it is the girls who play the game not the parents.

I cant remember exactly when that game got away from the other team but it seems like it was pretty close until we started really hitting late in the game. I could look at the scorebook tonight and tell you I dont keep score so I dont know for sure only from memory.

The second game was tied at 7 innings 10/10....it was back and forth all night. And then the 8th inning came and the bats lit up.

I did find the games exciting because for years we have been the school that didnt have the talent to compete and this year its been different. The girls from the other schools and their parents have been really arrogant about their teams and they have been better no doubt, more talent, good coaching, many of the girls have transferred from out school to these other schools. I do believe in being humble about these things, I would never tell a parent or a kid on the other team except good game.... but that doesnt mean I am not proud of our girls sticking in there and showing that they are contenders.

This is what was reported on the forum for our league high school girls softball reveiw.

"I think it will be between kamiakin, kennewick & hanford this year. southridge will be better than the past years. eastmont & west valley will be contenders as well. "

Our school is Southridge..we have beat both kennewick and hanford and lost to Kamiakin by one each time. Kamiakin really should be the school to take it in my opinion they have good athletes that have played together since age 8 or 9 I think the coach told me...they are essentially a travel ball team (gold) that all go to same school with the exception of my Dd and another girl on our high school team. and they have a good coach. But nothing bad about being second or good enough to be rated as a contender. And nothing wrong with enjoying a good rivalry where your team comes out on top. And nothing wrong with liking the fact your DD is going yard with the ball.
Kat

by Skarp » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:52 am

Tucson wrote:The way I see it, the dad was trying to intimidate minors.

Please tell me you're not serious. Opposing team dad complements girl on sports career but then says his dd's team is better, and your proposed response is for the girl to accuse him of molestation?
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Skarp wrote:

Please tell me you're not serious. Opposing team dad complements girl on sports career but then says his dd's team is better, and your proposed response is for the girl to accuse him of molestation?

I have taught my daughter to smile and say nothing. Thank him for his compliments and go on...because humble pie is often hard to swallow. Better to be humble then make yourself look like a fool. That doesn't mean lay down.
Kat

by NumeroUno » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Tucson I read this post and LMAO, that is hilarious. I know your kidding but that is funny.....
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Return to Fastpitch Discussions