Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Coach Mike

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:37 pm

Coach Mike has been around for a while, I asked him to write me up a little something about himself and he did. You can have as much love and passion for this game as Coach Mike does but you won't have more, that is impossible
Thank you Coach and I wish you a Happy New Year

I started playing FP for Fort Campbell KY when I was in the Army in 1970, when I returned home to San Diego Ca I was asked to play on a team in the fire department leagues, I then was asked to play on a team in the then city AAA division and that's how it all started. I was a pitcher so it was easy to get picked up anywhere. I've played on many championship teams and with many of the greats, Danny Milsap, Gene Farnem, Joe Infinger, Eddie Fainer and many more I cant remember. I pitched for Kevin Mitchels softball team in the Mexican leagues, where lots of the MLB players went in the off season. Kevin Mitchel played center for the SF Giants he grew up in San Diego and loved softball. So I was picked up by many teams from Mexico, pitched the Tecate Brewery team to Baja state championship, was invited to play on their Pan Am team, but could not afford to take the time off from work, but did pitch against their Pan Am team and beat them 2-0, I have hundreds of stories like this don't have time for them all.
Coaching, 1972 Bobby Sox 12U national runner up, 1973 pitching coach 16U national champions 1976 coach IGS national champions, 1977 coach GSA national champions, 1978 pitching coach Mount Miguel HS Spring Valley Ca league champions and DIV 1 CIF SOCAL division champions, 1978/1984 18U J Town Flyers mountain Empire traveling league champions, 1995,96,97 pitching coach Mountain Empire HS, league champs-96,97 CIF DIV III RUNNER UP. This is what comes to mind right now and I think my dates are correct to the best of my recollection. I have put several players in the CIF record books for pitching and hitting records, including my DD back in 97, five consecutive games wit a grand slam. I know this looks like a huge brag, but its what I do, my wife of 32 years played for me when I was 25. My major at University Of South Alabama a DIV 1 school is physical education so you can see what my goals are..to do some more coaching, I love this game
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by FPdawg » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:45 pm

Thank you NumeroUno, and good New Year to all, now lets play ball
FPdawg

by FPdawg » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:13 am

This is coach Mike, just wanted to say no Im not the Coach Mike you see in the drills section on some of the forums on the net. My sign in name here is FPdawg and hope to share SB talk with all you good SB freaks like me, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL..
FPdawg

Return to Fastpitch Discussions