Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Need new catcher mitt

What's on your mind?

by frogs_mom_15 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:35 pm

DD is in need of a new catchers mitt. She has the Louisville F204PROB model (i believe)
She loves this mitt but it has very little padding left and a hole on the inside where her
middle finger sits. She tried a Worth Gladiator model and sort of liked it, but don't know
much about it. Most will probably say go for the Nokona, but price is a factor. Would like
to stay under $80. Has anyone tried the Schutt model yet? She saw that at a tourney
and liked it also. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
:)
It's only a little skin, it'll grow back!

Frog gettin' the sign
frogs_mom_15

by Cannonball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:20 pm

We have had a lot of success with the Akadema. Every catcher on my DDs old team uses that model and on her HS team (if she makes it) their catchers all use Akadema. http://www.akademapro.com/fastpitch.html while the price on the site might seem high, if you can get your team declared an Akadema Team, they will get a substantial price break. Our HS catcher just got one of these gloves for $65 I believe. If you get your team to order 4 gloves, you get one glove free.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by NumeroUno » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Cannonball that is a great deal and thank you for passing that deal along. Which part of the country do you hang your hat in?
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Cannonball » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:38 pm

You can all get that deal if you contact Akadema and have a team. They have very good people there. I deal with a gentleman named Julio Noreiga. He's top notch. Of course I have been a baseball coach for sometime and yes, we order those gloves at substantial savings. If you take a look at the baseball section, some of those gloves are listed at $195-$225. If you place a team order, you can purchase those gloves by being an Akadema Team for around $108 with shipping. I don't know what the softball gloves all go for but I'm betting, again, you're going to get substantial savings if you order gloves at "team rates."

NumeroUno, I'm in the midwest around St. Louis.

Quick story, we placed an order for Christmas of 6 gloves. Most of my baseball parents know about our deals since we include that in our handout during our Parent's Meeting. The order didn't arrive in it's typical time frame. I called Julio. He told me I had made a mistake on the order, but he'd go down and walk the shipment out so that I'd get it for Christmas. In two days, it arrived and all of my players had a very Merry Christmas. The link provided above has a phone number that you can call. I hope this helps.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

Return to Fastpitch Discussions