Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Who is worse Bartjr or Joe Bad

What's on your mind?

by bradrhod » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:05 pm

JoeBad has been banned several times from baseball fever. He sometimes gets a new id and is around for a couple of weeks before they figure him out and ban him again.

There is a huge difference between Joebad and Bartjr.

JoeBad just likes being an A$$. He approaches everything like a barfight. He runs a pool hall in St. Louis, and brings that same attitude to many of his discussions. It is not just about hitting, but about every subject he engages. At one point he was going to go into business with Englishbey, when this fell through, Joe swore that he would get Englishbey if it was the last thing he ever did. Now Joe is stuck, spending many many hours trying to get back at those that wronged him. Unfortunately the rest of us have to listen to grind his ax.

If you are one of these boards for a long time, you will come to appreciate BartJr. He reminds people to:
- not endlessly rehash old discussions.
- not to take themselves to seriously.
- keep it about the kids that play the sport.

In today's public message boards, there is almost always someone like BartJr to keep the trolls and newbies on track.
bradrhod

by jofus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Cookie, I've joined most of them in the last couple months or so. My oldest is almost 13, and while she hits the ball harder than most local girls her age, up to this point I have tried to coach her swing the way I was coached in the 70's/80's, and I've recently finally started looking at different swings and swingstyles and figured out that probably isn't the most efficient way. So, in an effort to educate myself so that I can teach my kids (and their teammates) a little better, I've started "trolling" several different boards. I don't post a bunch on any of them, but I do a lot of reading :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by jblabs » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:45 pm

Bartjr, by far
jblabs

by FPdawg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Point taken, I agree to disagree BS, and your right I havent monitored ET much, and my DD is 28 now, but your comment about enter at one's own peril, forces me to extrapulate, some caution should be observed before participating in a given activity. I dont want to be some old ogar, and will never tread on someones liberties. When Im on a forum about SB I want to talk SB same as if I were on the field face to face. If JB & BJ are coaches, would they respond to players in same manner on field? What does it take to pump players up, sarcastic B...S... , so sorry if I offended anybody, thats why I didnt sign in on ET. How can telling a girl that asked about a tecnicle problem get a laugh from a return post that says, shut up stupid and go to school. True, adults are the major contributers emphisis on ADULT, I guess we all define things from a different side of the fence, Verry equitable statement you made, if its to hot in the kitchen, then get out, has allways held salt in my book. So if the stuff that comes across my screen is like JB & BJ I'LL just get off the train. No Hard Fellings Here.. Coach Mike. AKA..FPdawg
FPdawg

by slider201 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:24 pm

This is not a serious question. AKA BartJr was playing baseball when you heretics were still a glint in yo momma's eye. He has done more for the softball community than you will ever know, so don't lick the stripes off his candycane.

Though he never learned to bat in the AL, he knows a JoeBad from its smell. BartJr is a big atheletic supporter in SoCal but could have been an even bigger one in Texas.

Just kidding with the metaphors. :shock:
slider201

by FPdawg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Slider201, I'm 60 and I dont care if BJ slept with Ted Williams, he has shown me nothing about softball, and second if you think baseball hitting has anything to do with softball hitting, which is one of the laughable things I see on these posts, then lets get together and I'll throw a few pitches, (thats fast pitch) and lets see what BJ can do, apparently you have nsver seen Lisa Fernandez pitch to Mike Piazza..
FPdawg

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 pm

I don't recall the post where BJ knowingly went after a 14 year old child. If he did, he was wrong IMO. Of course I believe adults shouldn't knowingly and with malice attack kids in ET or here. WRT my comments about not changing my writing, I was thinking more in a general sense and not how it pertains to responses to the posts of a child. That being said, I still think many folks take BJ way too seriously.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slider201 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:44 pm

FPdawg, I am not far behind you in age and you have never shown me anything about softball or baseball either. Lisa Fernandez pitching to Mike Piazza is a joke, right? After a single BP session, Mike Piazza or any other MLB batter would be eating her alive.
Media idiots: learn the meaning of the word troop(s). A soldier is not a troop, stupid.
troop: 1 a: a group of soldiers; b: a cavalry unit corresponding to an infantry company; c: plural: armed forces soldiers
slider201

by DonnieS » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:56 pm

>> The thing is he tries to make people feel stupid, and maybe they are but it gets old <<

I didnt think so - but if someone was, it seemed that he liked to help them admit it. I really didnt see any similarities between the two. I will say this, if I was sitting down having a drink and the two walked up, I would flush the toilet to get rid of JB and then I would order a drink for BJ - on him, of course. I doubt I would get the chance to touch JoeCrap, there would be such a long line.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by RudeDog » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:04 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by RudeDog on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if you are on the right track you will get run over if you just sit there." ~ Will Rogers
RudeDog

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions