Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Who is worse Bartjr or Joe Bad

What's on your mind?

by DonnieS » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:24 am

I dont believe there has ever been a vote or even a request for a vote to get rid of BJ. BJ has a sense of humor that while its not always appreciated by everyone, thats who the guy is, he has a sense of humor.
If you had to ask this question, wow.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cookie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:12 am

joe bad well he is pretty far out their but in his own mind he try's, BJ not to constructive but he will make you laugh. BJ over joe bad in a split decision. I don't think the real bj is on this site he is a dedicated ET man, or boy or women what ever it is.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 am

I'm with Donnie. I consider intent. JoeDoucheBad's intent is to ridicule in the harshest terms his feeble mind can muster, anyone who doesn't bow down to him and his cosmic theories on hitting. BJ, for the most part, is just screwing around and I consider him utterly harmless. I've poked at him from time to time and have no problem with him returning the favor. JMO.

John
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bradrhod » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:20 am

JoeBad is way worse. The guy is like a never ending bar fight.

Bart is definitely a coach. Likely in SoCal. He tends to be especially harsh towards people that are posting on topics that have been gone over 1000 times.
bradrhod

by FPdawg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:41 am

This is the first forum I've ever joined, I love FP so I would visit SB sites to see what folks had to say. When I checked out eteamz and saw some of the posts from JB & BJ I was totally turned off, some of the things they said to some young girls that were honestly looking to improve their game turned my stomach! sorry I take SB seriously, and I say its cool to fun around to keep it fun and lite, but the garbage I saw from BJ & JB IMO has no place around our youth..reminds me of internet preditors, and if somebody thinks thats a laugh then go ahead on. JMHO.....Coach, Mike... AKA, FPdawg
FPdawg

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:03 am

I have a few more minutes so I would like to expand on my previous post. Folks who have been on ET for a few years probably have a better feel for BJ's "act." His posts are typically one or two lines for a reason. He doesn't tend to pontificate or go to great lengths to try to prove his points, like say, I do sometimes. He throws crap out there, often just to be funny, sometimes to make a serious point. Sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesn't. If you find him offensive, my guess is that one or more of the following applies to you. You take youth softball way too seriously. You are way too thin skinned to be in an internet chatroom. You haven't been in ET for very long. BJ responded to my very first post in a softball chatroom. I asked what the best bat was regardless of price. BJ responded with a smarta$$ comment. I considered going after him but didn't. I wanted to get the "lay of the land" first. I came to get his schtick and was glad I didn't go off on him. He could call my kid the worst, fat-a$$ed, overrated player in the history of softball and I would just laugh given the source. Again, JMO.

Kudos HeyBucket folks on the feature that tells you if something new has been posted while you are composing a post yourself. Very nice.

FPDawg, I respectfully disagree with your concerns about kids in here. These sites are clearly dominated by adults. While a few kids come in here, they do so at their peril. I'm sure as Hell not going to worry about whether they can handle the tone of responses to their posts. If they can't, ask Mom/Dad to handle it. I won't let the possibility of a kid reacting negatively to what I write inhibit me. If you can't stand the heat ... If someone doesn't want their kid exposed to what is said in here, don't let your kid come in here. Don't expect the rest of the world to alter their behavior because your kid may get their feelings hurt. My kid can come in here any time she wants. It's a Hell of a lot safer and tamer than myspace and it's ilk. Internet predators? I don't see it. Trolls from time to time? Sure. Big difference.

BTW, none of what I just said is directed at you in particular FPDawg.

John
Last edited by Blind Squirrel on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by luckyone » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:28 am

I think joebad is here or shall I say jofus our newest member. lol :o
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
luckyone

by jofus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 am

Nope luckyone, I'm not joebad, although my name is in fact Joe (jofus is actually from the way my now 12 yr old DD pronounced Joseph when she was 2 or 3. I have used jofus for about everything internet related since :) ).

I'm also jofus (or in some cases jofus13) on eteamz, baseball fever, englishbey's site, ultimate college softball, and several other non-softball or baseball boards.

Thanks for the welcome though ;)

As for Joebad, on eteamz he sometimes sounds like he may actually know something about swinging a bat, but I generally skip his posts, because of his attitude. If he really is a coach and is anything in real life like he is on the internet, I can't see anyone letting him coach their children.

EDIT>> There is a poster on baseball fever that reminds me of Joebad sometimes, but I haven't figured out for sure if it is him or not.....
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by DonnieS » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:20 pm

>> I generally skip his posts, because of his attitude. <<

Jofus, thats my feel as well. I am fortunate to be around a lot of people in various areas, my line of work, softball, football, fishing, hunting, etc. Quite a few of them are pretty knowledgable as well, but life is way too short and way too much fun to spend any of it around a**holes, and that sucker is a card carrying a**hole.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cookie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:26 pm

I'm also jofus (or in some cases jofus13) on eteamz, baseball fever, englishbey's site, ultimate college softball, and several other non-softball or baseball boards.

Jofus look at all those sites you belong to you are a regular sports ho. You might get a free shirt for belonging to the most sites. :lol:
I'm not driving....
Cookie

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions