Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Fresno Force Classic?

What's on your mind?

by Cookie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Madness,
I heard that also and talked to someone up in Fresno and they said that was just a rumor.
I did not talk to the head cheese up their though but I did talk to a Force parent.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by StingersFastpitch » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:48 pm

I think its a great idea...... a "wildcard" berth would defintiely raise the stakes.

1 year ago I would have said it would never happen, but since the HOF Disney fiasco anything is possible. :lol:
StingersFastpitch

by Intel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:12 pm

As this year Force Classic Tournament Director I can tell you their has been discussion with ASA who would like to make it a qualifier, but the details of redlining your championship roster in April has been a stumbing block, especially in the U14 Division as many teams use younger players to sub for their High School Players. As of now, the Classic is not a qualifier but is still being discussed on a test basis for U12 and U10 Division.

Some Tournament Changes.

1. Clovis Unified has added 400 permanent seats and a press box to the High School Varsity fields. We are currently negioating to use these for the Championship games and to get internet broadcast of the games. If anyone knows of a LA Radio Station that would like to work with one of our local stations to broadcast the game, please let me know.

2. The U12 and U14 division will be limited to 32 teams each. U10 division will have 20 teams.

3. Pool Seeding. 1st Place will recieve a 2 game bye, 2nd place will get a 1 game bye. This was done to reduce the number of games a team has to play to get into the championship.

4. We are working with Fresno County Visitors Council to offset our gate. If we reach an agreement, their will be no parking or entrance fees at any of the fields.

5. Programs will again be free thanks to the ads.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Intel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:19 pm

For this years Force Classic.

Would you prefer to have balance pools with both tough and easy competition or would you prefer to have tough pools. Brackets are set so teams from the same pool cannot meet until the Semi-Finals.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by xxxYerOut » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Brackets would have to be balanced. All teams will have to play their way in, not allowing a team to find themselves getting deep into the tournament due to luck of the draw or by way of playing soft teams early.

We certainly did not experience any home town love at Nat's last year.
xxxYerOut

by dallasfungo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:08 pm

This looks like a great tournament. There are a number of North Texas teams that would love to participate (you really get tired of playing the same 2-3 teams on Sunday afternoon) but the travel costs would break the budget.
dallasfungo

by peon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:29 pm

" If anyone knows of a LA Radio Station that would like to work with one of our local stations to broadcast the game, please let me know."

you'd think there would be a 10 watt station somewhere in Mission Viejo that would be interested in broadcasting a 10y/o girls softball game
peon

by xxxYerOut » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:04 am

peon wrote:" If anyone knows of a LA Radio Station that would like to work with one of our local stations to broadcast the game, please let me know."

you'd think there would be a 10 watt station somewhere in Mission Viejo that would be interested in broadcasting a 10y/o girls softball game

We were in Laguna Niguel over Christmas and a house in the neighborhood was broadcasting music on an AM radio station that the lights on his house were in sync with. The homeowner was the narrator.

There has to be a way to get some softball on the air...
xxxYerOut

Return to Fastpitch Discussions