Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Slider201,You are correct

What's on your mind?

by FPdawg » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:00 am

Slider201 you are correct, I havent said anything about SB or BB, I have gotten sucked into the one thing I have been whinning about on my posts, cyber-ego-babble, I appologize to all the good SB folks out there, this shall be my last negative post. I would really like to talk some ball but I don't seem to be able to find many posts that want to talk ball, seems more like everybody wants to do battle with JB or BJ. I do not personally know either one of these gentleman, and Im shure deep down they are great athletic supporters. If you had a chance to read my bio posted by numerouno, you will see I am no newcomer to the game. And no it was no joke Fernandez/Piazza that matchup was quit some time back, this matchup of female FP pitcher vs MLB hitter has been replicated many times since ie Jenny Finch, Michell Smith, and many others against MLB hitters and so far MLB hitters 0 can't even get a foul ball. Michell Smith did say Dykstra was the scapiest at the plate and did foul a couple. There is a vidio on You-Tube where a sports science lab compares basebal pitcher cotact force at the bat after pitch, top collage pitcher throws 95 mph pitch and registers something like 1300 +or- (don't quote me) lb's PSI, then Finch throws her pitch and shatters the plexy glass strike plate, end of experiment. My point about MLB and FP hitting is there is a big difference in mechanics and teckneak, most people dont know the difference from a FP batters box and a BB box, or why this is, yes a MLB hitter if trained for FP should be able to hit between .240 and .300 in first season. I played FP in Mexico with MLB players in off season and tore them up at first, but they never were as gaad as regular SB players. I played for Kevin Mitchels team, he loved SB and sponsored a team, He grew up in San Diego and we played in Tiajuana. I don't know if you remember him He played CF for the S F Giants. Anyway my point BB hitting and SB hitting are two different. So if anybody wants to talk about the science of SB look me up, I'LL be glad to talk some ball. Coach Mike, AKA...FPdawg
FPdawg

by heybucket » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 am

FPdawg wrote:matchup of female FP pitcher vs MLB hitter has been replicated many times since ie Jenny Finch, Michell Smith, and many others against MLB hitters and so far MLB hitters 0 can't even get a foul ball. Michell Smith did say Dykstra was the scrapiest at the plate and did foul a couple.

I dont think this is true was it last year or the year before. Channel 11 fox saturday baseball. Had Jenny Finch pitch against Barry* Bonds* and the guy hit the ball pretty good. :o

p.s.Thank you for your posts. Coach Mike
heybucket
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by Rotatorcuff » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:40 pm

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but I had to chuckle when I read it:

"I do not personally know either one of these gentleman, and Im shure deep down they are great athletic supporters."

:lol: Are these guys JOCK STRAPS?

No offense to anyone is intended, but you have to admit this is a great pun.

Rotatorcuff
Rotatorcuff

by bradrhod » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:33 pm

The fastpitch vs major league swing has been debated a very long time. One of those arguments that will never be settled.

Jennie pitched to Barry on This Week in Baseball 5/29/2004. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/video/twib/index.jsp?content=04 For some reason the video is not available anymore. From my memory Barry did ok against Jennie. The hit he got was not that solid. He clearly had looked at her pitching and when she threw a rise ball, he let them go.

It used to be pretty common for MLB players and college baseball players to come to men's fastpitch. It was generally believed that it would take several months to a couple of years for those players to become effective hitters.

I would expect that an athelete like Barry (juice or no, like him or not he can swing a bat) would with some practice be able to hit great fastpitch pitching.
bradrhod

Return to Fastpitch Discussions