Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Note to Thread Hijackers

What's on your mind?

by Skarp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Please stop. The fact that a given thread brings to your mind an unrelated question or thought does NOT mean that said question or thought belongs in that particular thread. That's what the "new topic" button is for. :!:
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:44 pm

BUMP.

This gem was randomly posted in the "What are the latest rumors in So Cal" thread. Apparently the mere mention of "Bomb Squad" in any post, regardless of subject matter, will be construed by Bomb Squad 97 as an invitation to advertise BS team news. Maybe it's just me, but that is extremely annoying!

BombSquad97 wrote:Going with the theory that "No press is bad press"...

Bomb Squad 97 is having our last open workout/tryout this Saturday (1/19). We are looking for two more impact players. The team should be set after this last tryout.
Sycamore Park
8268 Monte Vista
Anaheim, CA 92807
8:30am - 11:30am

We will also have an open batting practice Thursday (1/17).
Canyon High School
220 South Imperial Hwy
Anaheim, CA
5:00pm

Come to one or both.

Please call or e-mail to confirm your attendance. If you can't make it Saturday, call to set up a private tryout.

cell: 714.420.1793
e-mail: cjpederson4@sbcglobal.net
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BombSquad97 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 pm

"The mere mention of Bomb Squad"?

Would that be in the post titled "What happened to Bomb Squad" or the "Latest Rumors" post that you clearly haven't read, because it's 90% about how Bomb Squad rips people off and lost all of our fields. If you notice in my post, it highlights tryouts at two of the many fields that we alledgedly lost. Forgive me for multi-tasking.

I'm sorry if I annoyed you.

Darrin
BombSquad97

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:25 am

Almost all threads end up off topic. That's Message Board 101.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by Skarp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:35 am

BombSquad97 wrote:"The mere mention of Bomb Squad"?

Would that be in the post titled "What happened to Bomb Squad" or the "Latest Rumors" post that you clearly haven't read, because it's 90% about how Bomb Squad rips people off and lost all of our fields. If you notice in my post, it highlights tryouts at two of the many fields that we alledgedly lost. Forgive me for multi-tasking.

I'm sorry if I annoyed you.

Darrin

Thank you for proving my point. If you view your post--which was an advertisement for players, nothing more and nothing less--as somehow reasonably related to that thread, you apparently will indeed construe almost any mention of Bomb Squad as an invitation to post random team news.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:48 am

Gone in 2.6 wrote:Almost all threads end up off topic. That's Message Board 101.

Absolutely--I wouldn't have it any other way. Topics naturally wander off in to all sorts of directions as people post and respond. My issue is with the hijackers--people who make no effort to respond to prior postings, but instead post completely unrelated comments.

I'm not trying to be this board's Cookie_29. Heck, I don't even care if teams advertise in the Fastpitch Discussions section, just so long as I can tell from the heading what I can expect to be reading. But hijacking someone else's topic is just disrespectful, and a waste of everyone's time.
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by coolstuff » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:30 pm

This reminds me of something that happened to me today. I found out that my place of employment has a deal with the nearby Dairy Queen so if I get a combo lunch, I get a free small Blizzard. MMM-mmmm it sure tasted good.

:lol:
coolstuff

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:39 pm

coolstuff wrote:This reminds me of something that happened to me today. I found out that my place of employment has a deal with the nearby Dairy Queen so if I get a combo lunch, I get a free small Blizzard. MMM-mmmm it sure tasted good.

:lol:

Are you some kind of idiot???? Dairy Queen sucks! Try Fosters Freeze. Best chocolate shakes ever. You must be a parent on Bomb Squad!

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BombSquad97 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:23 pm

"Are you some kind of idiot???? Dairy Queen sucks! Try Fosters Freeze. Best chocolate shakes ever. You must be a parent on Bomb Squad!"

Ouch! Where's the rim shot?
BombSquad97

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Hey BS97, just wanted you to know I don't even know who you folks are, where you're from, etc. Got nothing against you. I noticed that your team was being ragged on so I used the name. Nothing personal. No offense intended. Just screwing around.

John
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions