Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What happened to Bomb Squad?

What's on your mind?

by starbound » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:47 pm

What is going on with Bomb Squad, I keep hearing different things? I heard that Bomb Squad lost all their practices fields and have nowhere to go, is this true?
starbound

by BombSquad97 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:14 pm

Not true and not sure where you got that info from. We had three-hour workouts yesterday and today on a beautiful field.
BombSquad97

by luckyone » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:45 pm

Not only you guys pay fields. Also I heard Bomb Squad (Parents) pays some of their coaches. Is this true ????????????? :o
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
luckyone

by Drop_Curve » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:28 am

My daughter went to a tryout for a Bomb Squad team today and worked out on a very nice field in Anaheim Hills. I heard they had tryouts for other age groups going on at another local field. Also heard at the tryout that they decided not to renew their lease for the field on Meats, but also still call Canyon High School home, which is a very sharp field.
Drop_Curve

by BombSquad97 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:32 am

luckyone wrote:Not only you guys pay fields. Also I heard Bomb Squad (Parents) pays some of their coaches. Is this true ????????????? :o

I can only speak on our team, since I am new to the organization. No, I don't get paid. I am just a volunteering chump like the rest of you. As far as losing that one field, again, I am not the guy to answer for the organization. I am sure there is a good story there. Jeff reads these boards and I would assume that he would respond if he felt it was necessary.

My take on all these rumors is that there is some petty bitterness in somebody out there. Crazy, I've never seen that on these boards before.
BombSquad97

by addiction » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:12 am

luckyone wrote: I heard Bomb Squad (Parents) pays some of their coaches. Is this true ????????????? :o

thats why its called pay to play ;) :lol:
addiction

by BombSquad97 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:46 am

heretostay wrote:If you have never seen bitterness on a sports board before then you have never been on a board.

Sorry, I know it doesn't always translate in type...

sarcasm - A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, “Oh, you've arrived exactly on time!”

Just messing with you dude.
BombSquad97

by addiction » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:54 pm

madness wrote: I mean Jeff Bankroll

I think I just pee'd myself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
addiction

by Drop_Curve » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm

madness wrote:The Raiders have a committment to excellence.
Nothing is wrong with the Raider ortganization. Owner Al Davis has always looked out for the best interest of the organization and works hard to keep it's reputation honerable.

By Raiders I mean Bomb Squad.
By Al Davis I mean Jeff Bankroll
By honerable I mean dis-honerable.

Again, not trying to bash the organization. After all, I have friends there. unhappy overpaying fools, but friends.

Wow, you must really have Bomb Squad on the brain. I guess your friends made the team and you didn't. Man, move on already, there are dozens of teams out there. Or maybe the low cost of rec is more suitable. And if your friends are so unhappy, why would they or anybody continue to "overpay" to play on that team? Doesn't make much sense.
Drop_Curve

by milkman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:41 am

So what did happen to the bomb squad. :P
milkman

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions