Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What happened to Bomb Squad?

What's on your mind?

by jofus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Seems someone has their panties in a wad about something, and felt it necessary to bring it here :)

On a side note, just out of curiosity, what are normal "dues", "fees", whatever you call them, to be on a travel team. We don't pay any for softball, other than personal expenses obviously, but we do pay for my son's soccer club. Just wondering how they compare :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by NumeroUno » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Jofus where are you from?

Fees in So Cal are $50 low end to $125 per month. The older divisions that play in more tourneys and showcases cost more. Most softball coaches do not get paid unlike soccer club teams where they all get paid, all the ones that I know anyway.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jofus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:11 pm

I'm in WV, and our "travel team" wasn't much of a travel team, just doing mainly local (less than 3 hour travel) tournaments. The manager is retired military that started a company mainly to pay for tournaments, etc., and myself and another dad helped him coach. I think he helped out a few of the families that needed help with travel expenses. He mainly asked girls that he knew (or knew their parents), which isn't the way to get the best talent, especially in a small area like ours. But, we had fun and improved a little, but I'm not even sure if we are gonna end up fielding a team this year or not....most of the girls on the team are in 9th grade and playing high school (my DD is in 7th), so we will see after that, I guess.

The coaches on my boy's soccer club (he's 9) are local college and high school coaches, and they do get paid. They're a pretty good organization though, especially for this area.

What do those fees go towards? Tournament fees and maybe equipment, I'm guessing? Just curious. I'm happy as heck to live in WV, but I kinda envy the softball opportunities that are in some areas :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by BombSquad97 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Going with the theory that "No press is bad press"...

Bomb Squad 97 is having our last open workout/tryout this Saturday (1/19). We are looking for two more impact players. The team should be set after this last tryout.
Sycamore Park
8268 Monte Vista
Anaheim, CA 92807
8:30am - 11:30am

We will also have an open batting practice Thursday (1/17).
Canyon High School
220 South Imperial Hwy
Anaheim, CA
5:00pm

Come to one or both.

Please call or e-mail to confirm your attendance. If you can't make it Saturday, call to set up a private tryout.

cell: 714.420.1793
e-mail: cjpederson4@sbcglobal.net
BombSquad97

by roo_61 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:57 pm

You people are all nuts, and have Bomb Squad on the brain.!!! Must be jealous I guess. We are on the 16U team and have known Jeff for a few years. This is my daughter's 1st year playing with this team. I have not met a better coach or a better person in this ruthless sport called Fast Pitch Softball. On NO, we do not pay $125.00 a month. Can't you find someone else to bash? And by the way we are affiliated with Canyon High School. Who cares why we're not at the Meats field. Canyon High School is a much better field to play at.
roo_61

by milkman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:27 pm

I heard it was the younger teams the pay $ 125.00 amonth. :(
milkman

by luv2bash » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:26 am

ROO 61:YOUR AND ID--- IF JEFF BELLYROLL GOT HIS MOUTH OPEN AND HE'S NOT PUTTING FOOD IN IT THEN HE'S LYING.
IF YOU JUST JOINED BS U16 WELCOME TO HELL,BELLYROLL BEEN COACHING FOR ABOUT 5yrs AND THE ONLY PLAYER TO STAY WITH HIM IS HIS DD WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT HIS COACHING.I 'LL TELL YOU WHAT IT MEANS IT MEANS HE'S NEVER WON ANYTHING,AND HE'S NEVER GOING TO WIN ANYTHING BECAUSE HIS A FAT COACH I MEAN A BAD COACH.

DONT EVEN GET ME START ON THE U12 I AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO'S THE MAN COACH AND WHO'S THE LESS THEN MAN COACH
luv2bash

by mojo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:00 am

WOW! TIME TO GROW UP...HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE BUT CAN SEE YOUR A FOOL, DO YOU REALLY THINK ACTING LIKE A BRAT NAME CALLING POINTING FINGERS & ACTING JEALOUS IS HOW YOUR FATHER SHOWED YOU ON HOW TO BE A MAN & HOW TO HANDLE THINGS."GET OVER IT " YOUR TRUE COLORS ARE SHOWING.I KNOW I WOULD TELL ANYONE JEFF BLANCO IS A VERY GOOD COACH...AND HE'S MORE OF PERSON FOR NOT RESPONDING BACK AND ACTING LIKE A CHILD.
mojo

by Nzane » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:22 am

Jeff and I have not got along in the past. But who cares!! This bashing is uncalled for!! If you have a beef with Jeff, talk to him, dont bash the guy on here. I applaud Jeff for not responding............
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Cookie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 am

Luv2bash well the name fits. You are out of line, call him and tell him face to face that you don't like him and what you think of him but this is no place to do that. Even though most kids don't come on these types of sites it would be a shame for his dd to see your post. He has not said one thing on here that I know of and he is getting served big time.

I have a question for all of you, should posts like this be deleted or does living in the land of the free give you the right to express yourself?
I'm not driving....
Cookie

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions