Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Who's Going to Indy this weekend?

What's on your mind?

by Cannonball » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:38 am

Soooooo, who's going to Indy this weekend? We're going and play our first game at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning. WOW! We're pretty banged up after this past weekend. We were able to come in 3rd but lost a couple of players to injuries. Unfortunately, one might be my dd. She dislocated her index finger but played the last two games of the tournament. Today she saw our trainer and so, he might not let her play this weekend. Being a pitcher, that index finger might be real important. (See how smart I am.)
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by RudeDog » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:40 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by RudeDog on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if you are on the right track you will get run over if you just sit there." ~ Will Rogers
RudeDog

by coolstuff » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Be in Indy next month. This weekend we'll be in Ft. Wayne at The Dome. You want to hear something just as crazy? Pool play is Friday night at 8 and 10 pm. Everybody but the 1 seeds will begin bracket play IMMEDIATELY at midnight. TDs have some common sense because Sat. games win or lose don't begin before 3:00. BUT, on Sunday winner's bracket games start at 7 a.m. With the odd lighting and game times, sometimes I wonder if indoor tournaments are worth it. But in this part of the country, there is no alternative expect a long trip south.
coolstuff

by Cannonball » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm

coolstuff wrote:Be in Indy next month. This weekend we'll be in Ft. Wayne at The Dome. You want to hear something just as crazy? Pool play is Friday night at 8 and 10 pm. Everybody but the 1 seeds will begin bracket play IMMEDIATELY at midnight. TDs have some common sense because Sat. games win or lose don't begin before 3:00. BUT, on Sunday winner's bracket games start at 7 a.m. With the odd lighting and game times, sometimes I wonder if indoor tournaments are worth it. But in this part of the country, there is no alternative expect a long trip south.

Coolstuff, obviously, you're a veteran of these events. Yes, the lighting can be horrendous. We had a ball go up yesterday, dd was playing SS, no one saw it. It almost hit her in the head. Funny thing was, the OF was running like it was on the fence. Ground rules are also weird. If you hit the ceiling here, play it, if you hit it there then it's an out. Coaches are standing about 2 feet out of play. Not a lot of fun when you have pull hitters at the plate. Also, the temperature can be intersting. We're playing in them because some are "qualifiers" and some offer us a chance for the girls to play a couple of times before HS tryouts. Our team is from one HS and is really that school's JV. MY dd and one other young lady are from other schools and are on the team because they are pitchers. The team/parents/coaches treat my dd well. Most of her "run around" friends are from this team which will make it interesting when we play each other this spring.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by ManitouDan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:07 pm

I'll be in Fort Wayne March 14th weekend for the 12u's. Last year when we were up there the times of the games were a nightmare. 7;00am start , be there at 6-615am CENTRAL time which to us from further east our bodies were telling us it was 4;30-5am when we rolled out at the hotel. And if it had'nt been 15 degrees outside I'd swore it was warmer outside than in. FREEZERDOME would be a good describtion of that place. And our 10u played 4 or 5 games on 1 day , ended up the in the finals at past 1am. Looks like they try to cram all the games in as possable . MD I'm with the Scioto Co (OHIO) Wild Thangs
ManitouDan

Return to Fastpitch Discussions