Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Play 9 Hit 9 on a Friendly what do you guys think!!!!!!!!!!!

What's on your mind?

by softballdad » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:15 pm

Have you seen this on friendlies of course!!!!! Two good (???) teams play each other they have 14 or 15 players per team and they only play 9 and hit 9 the parents go crazy and is a freaking friendly. We need to change the name from friendly to win or die sunday LOL. :o
I believe in getting into hot water. I think it keeps you clean.
softballdad

by Demonboy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:04 am

softballdad wrote:Have you seen this on friendlies of course!!!!! Two good (???) teams play each other they have 14 or 15 players per team and they only play 9 and hit 9 the parents go crazy and is a freaking friendly. We need to change the name from friendly to win or die sunday LOL. :o

You could play 9 but just change the starting line up every game. That way the players who are in the game get more at bats and have a chance to get into the flow instead of batting 15 and everyone getting 2 at bats. Maybe less against dominant pitching.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Intel » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 am

Softball Dad:

At showcases we bat the lineup, at friendlies we usually will use the DP/Flex. With 14-15 players, batters do not get up enough to get quality swings. We use friendlies to experiement with line-ups to see how different batter handle batting assignments in various batting lineups. This will not happen if you bat the line-up.

We do change the players to balance the playing time between games, just not during the game.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:21 am

Personally, I prefer to bat the lineup in friendlies. I do know a great coach who bats 9 and uses a DP/Flex in friendlies....for a simple reason....he never has to change the way he coaches...friendly, tournament, NQ, Nationals...it makes no difference to him because he manages the same way.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:55 am

Intel wrote:Softball Dad:

At showcases we bat the lineup, at friendlies we usually will use the DP/Flex. With 14-15 players, batters do not get up enough to get quality swings. We use friendlies to experiement with line-ups to see how different batter handle batting assignments in various batting lineups. This will not happen if you bat the line-up.

We do change the players to balance the playing time between games, just not during the game.

This sounds very effective.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

Return to Fastpitch Discussions