Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

How does TC get so many teams?

What's on your mind?

by tai2000 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:53 am

I obviously cannot speak for everyone...but in AZ the TCS tournaments always seem to have a considerably bigger draw than ASA. It may be that they offer qualifiers in the fall. It may be that nationals are in Utah which is much easier for AZ teams to get to than Louisiana...I am speaking of younger teams not Gold who travel all over anyway. It may also be that TCS offers a "B" division. I had stated that once before and was politely told in SoCal "B" equals "rec" but in AZ usually the first year 12u teams play B, 2nd year 12u teams play A... etc. JMO ;)
Looking at the ball going over the fence isn't going to help. -Hank Aaron
tai2000

by Cookie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:33 am

Triple Crown has paid employees that are doing a great job along with the upper management working hard to be the best they can be. ASA brings in the best teams but TCS brings in more teams. I think that TCS is getting a bigger draw of teams because the good and average teams will play TCS and the weaker teams tend to shy away from ASA. ASA needs to pick it up in So Cal they have a ASA turkey tourney, a Hall of Fame qualifier and the state tourney and I think that is it. Someone let me know if I am wrong.
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by artomatic » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:42 am

Cookie wrote:Triple Crown has paid employees that are doing a great job along with the upper management working hard to be the best they can be. ASA brings in the best teams but TCS brings in more teams. I think that TCS is getting a bigger draw of teams because the good and average teams will play TCS and the weaker teams tend to shy away from ASA. ASA needs to pick it up in So Cal they have a ASA turkey tourney, a Hall of Fame qualifier and the state tourney and I think that is it. Someone let me know if I am wrong.

agree with all that, plus, they keep their website updated, they ALWAYS return emails and calls right away, and they are on site at each location.
In other words, great customer service...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by azsoftballmom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:12 am

In AZ, ASA doesn't draw many teams - it doesn't matter the level of the team. I remember 5 years ago, all of the "best" teams would play only ASA. Not anymore. More teams are playing TCS because that is where all of the teams are signing up. We play where the teams are -TCS, ASA, USSSA - it doesn't matter.
azsoftballmom

by Demonboy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:28 am

Spazsdad wrote:We were at a tournament this weekend talking about were we decide to play. The subject came up regarding how does Triple Crown draw so many teams? This weekend in HB there will be over 130 teams playing. This may be higher than the norm but they still draw big numbers to their events.
So I guess my question is what is it that draws you to their events? Locations? Teams that you will see? Qualifying for Utah? Just because?

I haven't participated in a TC event since 2004. When we won the tournament we gave the berth back.

azsoftballmom wrote:In AZ, ASA doesn't draw many teams - it doesn't matter the level of the team. I remember 5 years ago, all of the "best" teams would play only ASA. Not anymore. More teams are playing TCS because that is where all of the teams are signing up. We play where the teams are -TCS, ASA, USSSA - it doesn't matter.

Arizona Hot Shots, Desert Thunder & Killer Bees are always at ASA Nationals.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by azsoftballmom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 am

Demonboy,

True about those teams. But, what tournament did 4 Hotshot teams, Killer Bees, Storm, Desert Thunder play in this weekend - TCS. I am not talking about Nationals. I am talking about regular tournaments.
azsoftballmom

by Demonboy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:08 pm

azsoftballmom wrote:Demonboy,

True about those teams. But, what tournament did 4 Hotshot teams, Killer Bees, Storm, Desert Thunder play in this weekend - TCS. I am not talking about Nationals. I am talking about regular tournaments.

For tournaments that don't matter, I don't care who is putting it on. I just want to go where the best teams are. And for my kid's particular age group, that has not included a Triple Crown Tournament in nearly 4 years. Fine by me. I was getting sick of 1 hour 15 min drop dead in bracket play anyway! :D
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by txsoftballfan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Because it's PRACTICE tournament play...you get to play a large amount of teams in a tournament situation...but while we're at it, once again, TC is out for the $$$ and getting as many teams as possible in a tournament. Clear example this weekend in 14's...this is the HUNTINGTON BEACH TC....and numerous games are stretched from Buena Park, to Irvine, to Westminster, but MOST games, including the quarter finals, semis and finals are in SAN CLEMENTE! Does the local TC Rep Travis every pull out a Thomas Guide? I mean, its not like he can't afford it with all the $$$ they're collecting!
txsoftballfan

Return to Fastpitch Discussions