Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

OK TO PLAY MORE THAN ONE SPORT?

What's on your mind?

by DonnieS » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:10 pm

>> the weather can be pretty bad so I won't let her start out driving in the winter she will have to wait for spring but <<

Know what you mean - it was 91 here yesterday. Hopefully the kids will get to use the pool soon - but it did cool off last night.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Donnie, bite me!!!! We have had the worst winter here then we ever had since moving here in 1992 but with that said we still dont have the temps others have. We just got done with a couple days of freezing rain with snow over the top and there were 70 something accidents, including a rollover by a snow plow!!
Kat

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Kat, if you want to see something pretty funny, every so often I have to leave here to go do projects up north. The biggest physical shock I ever felt was going from here one December, I think it was 1999 or 2000, the temp here was 77, I landed in Cleveland (Ohio, not Texas) at 1:00 am and it was -8, wind chill I believe was 30 below, blowing snow. When I got home a week later, I went to the cemetery where my great grand parents were buried and said "Thanks for settling here - and not there." No offense to the people up there, great people, fun people, but that is nuts.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:00 pm

>> "including a rollover by a snow plow!!" <<

Is that even possible?
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm

DonnieS wrote:>> "including a rollover by a snow plow!!" <<

Is that even possible?

Well actually I don't know as i was doing the slip and slid home from a game we heard on the radio that that happened. The kicker was when it snowed you could at least drive on the ice, the snow gave you traction, but if you were down to that solid ice it was hairy!! The local community college has closed twice since it inception...it closed that week along with every school within 50 miles from here because the conditions were just to dangerous.
Kat

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions