Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What I like about eteamz

What's on your mind?

by Demonboy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:18 am

DonnieS wrote:>> like the new Forum better.Hey Bucket is a breath of fresh air if <<

No kidding and I am glad heybucket stepped up so everyone could move over before eteamz goes under. I got Katz'ed for a while over on eteamz and couldnt post for about a month- missed being harassed and harrassing all you people.

How is 'ole Katz anyway? His daughter still playing?
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by DonnieS » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:53 am

>> 'ole Katz anyway? His daughter still playing? <

I need to give him a call - Bambi season is over and he is probably at home on weekends for now.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:43 pm

eteamz blows.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dallasfungo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:27 pm

you guys crack me up. loved the hijacking thread.

I don't think many people in Texas use eteamz except to host a team site. I tried wading through the boards and found it too tedious. VTD (http://www.fastpitchsoftball.net/) bulletin boards are the medium of choice, at least for North Texas. It's great for tracking teams and tournaments and is a primary tool for recruiting players but it doesn't really have a discussion board feel about it. Banter in recent years got pretty ugly so moderators were installed to control the 3 or 4 nut cases who live in the sewer and live on road kill. I do like the layout and colors, however.
dallasfungo

by txsoftballfan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:57 pm

E-what? Name must have been deleted from my vocabulary....
txsoftballfan

by 3Bsnag » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Eteamz announcements have been down. Hope they weren't wanting to post tryouts for this weekend.

My only complaint here is when I'm logged in, the topics are in yellow or orange. I like darker fonts that are easier to read. I know it's not because I'm getting old, it's always someone else's fault.
3Bsnag

by CallingCadence14 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:47 pm

I am totally disgusted,of all the people to get picked on by, I got," Demon Boy ",calling me a nerd?
Didn't I kick your 16 sided dice as you huddled in the corner with the rest of the Dungeons and Dragon,inhaler geeks on my way to the play ground , :roll: cause you didnt wanna catch sniffles? Some one else pick on me before ,"Demon Boy", casts a spell on me, I dont have enough hit points to defend myself.
:o
CallingCadence14

by coolstuff » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:12 am

IMHO......

I like the forums here better than at eTeamz. There's a lot of slag over there. The content here seems a little better and the atmosphere is more welcoming. However, eTeamz is the place to post tournaments, teams tryouts, teams looking for players, etc., for teams in Indiana. That area of eTeamz is currently down and if that continues it could kill eTeamz. At this time of year there are no open tryouts but there will always be a few teams looking to fill a roster. If they don't have a place to do that at eTeamz they will go somewhere else. That is the sole reason that led me to eTeamz. The message boards were secondary. but I'm a communicator by nature and training, so it was inevitable that I would end up there. However, I would venture to guess that a majority of people going to eTeamz are looking at the team announcements, especially during August (here in Indiana).

Heybucket has an opportunity here to become a destination site but it will take time to change people's habits.
coolstuff

by tai2000 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 pm

I really like that when there is a new reply to a post, the header gets moved to the top of the list. I like being able to read the new reply without having to go back through pages to find the original post.
Overall...much better than eteamz for a multitude of reasons...plus I have not had to hear about linear/ rotational hitting and why Englishbey is always wrong....breath of fresh air. :roll:
Looking at the ball going over the fence isn't going to help. -Hank Aaron
tai2000

by Demonboy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:19 pm

CallingCadence14 wrote:I am totally disgusted,of all the people to get picked on by, I got," Demon Boy ",calling me a nerd?
Didn't I kick your 16 sided dice as you huddled in the corner with the rest of the Dungeons and Dragon,inhaler geeks on my way to the play ground , :roll: cause you didnt wanna catch sniffles? Some one else pick on me before ,"Demon Boy", casts a spell on me, I dont have enough hit points to defend myself.
:o

LOL! Love the inhaler smack.

Problem is I don't know what 16 sided dice are and don't understand the reference to "having enough points to defend myself". But apparently you do. :lol:

"You've got to go dig those holes"
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions