Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

So Cal Top 10

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Maddness writes:
A So Cal Ranking of the top 12 would be nice to have on a week to week basis. But judgement has to be fair and it cannot be a popularity contest.

You are absolutely right but we did not pick the top ten. We sent out a bunch of e-mails to different people and coaches and asked them to pick the top teams in fall and this is what they came up with. Now that fall is over we are going to try to update it weekly if possible and have a little fun with it. Let me know who we missed.

Thanks for your input
HB
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by futurestar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Madness what are you crying about is your daughter on a crappy team and you are afraid that little Susie's team won't make hey buckets top ten list? I don't think that you need to worry for some reason I don't think that ESPN will cover this or use hey buckets credibility, even though for what I see I think that the top ten list is pretty good.
futurestar

by StingersFastpitch » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Hey Folks -
I think the top 10 is cool. Keep it coming and I like the idea of having scheduled updates and deadlines from which coaches and knowledgable travel parents can vote 1-10 help make a sharper list as we get into spring. As long as its civil, and everyone understands its like any list, not perfect and ever fluid and evolving. Oh screw it,,,, let the whining begin!

ps - let people only vote in the division for which they play...
StingersFastpitch

by futurestar » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:26 pm

Madness what is the name of your DD's crappy team? Let them know so maybe they can add her team to the top 100 list.
futurestar

by melsdad » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:04 am

madness wrote:BartholoMULE, BartholoFOOL, BartholoDOGSTOOL, it's obvious you're upset. I mearly asked a question wondering how these teams were being chosen. It seems to me, i may have touched a nerve when i mentioned your chubby wubby lil DD may infact sit and cheer for one of the mentioned top teams. Don't feel bad, show your lil BUTTERcup your support and cheer her on as she bats last and plays..., plays..., well, bats last? Look, weather my DD plays in a "top team" or not, at least she plays, much more than we can say for your "special" princess. :D

Your smack is weak, save it for some chump that wants to know what glove size his DD needs at 10U.

Madness, you might want to keep the DD's out of your crap talk you got a problem with him address him, leave the kid out, schmuck.
melsdad

by Wooahhhh » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:54 am

the people like Bartjr will make this place stupid, just like eteamz became. Bartjr and his caustic remarks make this website heythrowupbucket. find a life, slick.
Wooahhhh

by Sam » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 am

Wooahhhh wrote:the people like Bartjr will make this place stupid, just like eteamz became. Bartjr and his caustic remarks make this website heythrowupbucket. find a life, slick.

Actually, the people like YOU are the ones who ruined eteamz. BJ, RD, Donnie, Blind Squirrel, Ssarge and Bart Sr. (and others) made it quite an interesting place. It was the complainers that ended up removing virtually all of the softball knowledge from eteamz...along with their own technical expertise. When they put the abuse button on their site, the spade was placed in the ground for them to dig their own grave. They let ignorant bumpkins, like Coach TG, take over....the nazi board monitors were the only ones posting topics...to try to get someone to post. Now they get mostly announcement posts.

BJ responded to a stupid post by rightfully lambasting the poster. If that function is not performed, this site will eventually be filled with stupid posts. BJ encourages all of you to think about what you are posting before you hit the submit button. Its like taking out the trash....if you don't do it regularly....it starts to stink.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by starbound » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:26 am

Spazsdad wrote:Once again Sam you have hit the nail on the head.

I agree with most of what Sam said RD, Donnie, Blind Squirrel, Ssarge and Sam and many others usually put up some interesting post and obviously have been around for a while and know what is going on. BJ is a dumb A$$. Their are people that come on to the board and may not have the softball experience as others ask a real question and BJ always tries to make them look stupid, a real sign of an inferiority complex. Stupid questions are better than stupid answers. How about BJ making fun of that young girls grammar, unacceptable.
Last edited by starbound on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
starbound

by Demonboy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:40 am

madness wrote::?:
How can a team be justified as a top 10?
Are we choosing teams for their popularity, tournament trophies, games won, overall players?
Basing it on games won at friendlies cannot be efficient because an average team can dominate when playing at weak friendlies.
Please Heybucket, share your secret when developing your list.

A So Cal Ranking of the top 12 would be nice to have on a week to week basis. But judgement has to be fair and it cannot be a popularity contest.

Translation: So Cal Madness was omitted
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

Return to Fastpitch Discussions