Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Indiana/Midwest vs SoCal Weather

What's on your mind?

by artomatic » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:33 pm

coolstuff wrote:
artomatic wrote:socal:
last night, our practice was probably down to the mid fifties, and i had to wear a long sleeve t-shirt under my regular t-shirt...bbbrrrr......

In Indiana, we break out the shorts and put on suntan lotion when the temp hits the mid-fifties.

I'll bet that's a good look too on most Indianians... :o
around these parts, mid fifties is cause to put a log in the fireplace...

if it makes you feel better, our weekend in socal was high 70's in most areas, hitting 80's in some spots...our girls voted to wear shorts sunday in their friendly...it felt like summer on saturday and sunday..
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tai2000 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Well, us folks who live in AZ with the rattle snakes and cactus have also had an unusual number of tourneys cancelled recently due to rain. The saying is if it's raining in socal today, it will be raining in Phoenix tomorrow.
This weekend forcast is low 70's...might still need a sweater since my blood is so thin.
But come see me the third week in June, when it's been 110 or more for at least 4 weeks and girls are passing out and throwing up form the heat. We start practice at 6am so it's at least kind of manageable. By 10am it's so hot your skin actually hurts and it's about 300 degrees in the car. You park a mile away from anything for 1 little scrap of shade from the dead tree at the far end of the parking lot...
My gramdmother wants me to move to St. Paul where she is because the school sysytem is so good my DD will get better education. I replied as nicely as I could I would take 110plus over
-30 any day of the week. :shock:
Looking at the ball going over the fence isn't going to help. -Hank Aaron
tai2000

by Cannonball » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Saturday High of 54 and sunshine. Sunday, High of 22. Today, 14 degrees, sleet, ice and snow. Some predicting 5 inches but we are on the line. Can be a couple of inches of snow and the rest ice. I'm praying for the snow. I hate driving on ice.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by bkatona » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:49 pm

This morning in NJ it was a brisk 7 above with the wind chill at -15 below (those of you in SoCal don't use terms like: above & below when referring to temperature...wind chill is a term i have com e to hate....there is no wind chill on Maui).....you know it's brisk when your nose hair freezes when you walk out of the house to start the car to let it warm up (and hope it starts - the freeze is a great killer of car batteries). We are looking at an ice storm tomorrow evening.
bkatona

by Cannonball » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:18 pm

We are getting sleet and ice. I had a heck of a time getting my windshields clear to drive home which was well enough because the salt crews are trying to get salt down before there are too many more accidents. It took about 12 minutes to get home in a trip that typically takes 4.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Stubs » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:33 pm

The bad thing about breaking out the shorts for the first time is those bright white legs that haven't seen the light of day for four or five months. The good thing is that the "farmer's tan" is gone!
"It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so" Ronald Reagan
Stubs

by jofus » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:26 am

Sunday evening here in beautiful WV the temp got in the single digits with winds around 35-40 mph.

At least I did finally talk my DD out of going skiing that evening...I had to mention how scary riding the lifts would be in 40 mph winds, telling her how cold it was going to be wasn't doing the trick.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Sftbll4ever » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:31 am

bkatona wrote:(those of you in SoCal don't use terms like: above & below when referring to temperature...wind chill is a term i have com e to hate....there is no wind chill on Maui)

Well, not from Maui, but here in So Cal. we do use above and below when talking temperature. When my dd asks if she sould wear her under armor in the morning or evening, I tell her that it will be below 60 so you should wear it or I will tell her nah, it is above 60. too hot for under armor. 8-) :lol: :D :roll:
Sftbll4ever

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions