Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

6/30/2013If your daughter is 13 or older this is a must read

What's on your mind?

by ontheblack » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:50 am

welcome to the bucket.
ontheblack

by NumeroUno » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Get registered now so college coaches can find you.

RTA the best recruiting site in the country

FREE registration
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Dear Bob,

I would be grateful if you could pass on my thanks and also my compliments to everyone involved in the @rta/Real Time Athletes site. I use it both as an admin of our travel team but also as the parent of an athlete. Before @rtasending coach emails was a chore and not something my daughter and I looked forward to. Keeping track of interest and coach responses was hit and miss. Your Email Marketer tool has changed all that. Not only is it easy to use, the feedback that it provides is invaluable. Being able to see what coaches have opened our emails and any links attached made it easy for us to really focus on Schools with a genuine interest in my daughter and eliminate those schools that did not. We used the tool to send schedules, updates on test scores and throughout the High School season to stay in touch with the coaches. My daughter achieved her dream of a D1 Scholarship and I have no doubt that using the @rta Email Marketer tool helped in her recruitment.

On another note, your Customer Service is exceptional. As an admin in charge of the @rta site, we have always appreciated the quick response(s) that we get to our emails and phone calls. We often find ourselves recommending your product/site to others based upon the satisfaction that you provide us every time.

Sincerely,

Angela Bourne
Firecrackers Pasco 18u
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 am

Question:

Hi Bob,

Thanks again for the RTA webinar earlier this month. It was really helpful and answered a lot of questions, but my mom asked me one today that I don’t think we covered. Can you explain the difference between “Profile Searches” and “Profile Visitors”?

Just want to make sure that we understand what these mean so that I can use the information appropriately to reach out to college coaches.

Thank you!

Answer:

Hi Madeline

Great question! A college coach can run a search for "all" players in the system. This would result in a list of over 6000 players (and growing) right now! Not a very useful list for the coach.
So we allow the coach to create a recruit profile that more or less let's them create their perfect recruit. Example:

They need a 2016 catcher. They want a catcher that is 5'-5" or taller, has a 3.5 gpa or higher, runs a 5.5 or less 40 yard dash and of course graduates in 2016.

They can then search the 6000 players for only those players that match that criteria. In our case I just ran that search and we have 23 that match that criteria. So when the coach runs that search that is a "Profile Search". Those 23 players will see a hit on their dashboard. The coach can then drill down to the player by clicking on their "see profile" button. This would be a "Profile Visit" and that player would see a hit on their dashboard.

The coach would then add the players she likes to her scout list. She would then run a search to find exactly where each of these players are competing. Assuming the players added their events to their calendar the coach would find them. The coach can then add those events to her calendar and the system will print out an itinerary for the coach giving her exact detail from time, date and round trip mapping to go see each player on her itinerary!

Pretty cool huh!

Hope this answers your question. Thanks much and let me know if you need any more help.

Bob
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:28 am

Get your player registered for free and get her name out to every softball college in the country. This is the best site I have ever seen with great customer service when needing help.

If your DD is 13 or older get busy and get her name out there.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 am

Since the change on Oct 24th with Profile Search and Profile Visit we have seen our visits drop to zero and our searches drop to only one. We had 99 Profile Searches and 2 Profile Visits last month before the change.

Maybe it's just the time of the year and coincidence, but I'd like to hear from others using this site to see if they have seen a drop-off as well.

Thank you,
FPDad05
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Raising_Bigs » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:01 pm

We had the same occurrence with the kid's profile. Once the change was implemented, all visits and searches went to zero. My understanding is that it would no longer show which persons/colleges searched, yet I thought it would still show a "hit." Hope it's just a bug as it's a little unnerving to see no activity since then.
Raising_Bigs

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks for responding. We received one hit on the Profile Search yesterday. This is only the 2nd hit since the change which is a huge drop-off compared to before the change.

I'm not really sure why the sudden drop-off occurred but it's nice to know we are not the only ones that are experiencing this.

Hopefully there will be other users that can share their experience and/or Bob can give us an update.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballJunky619 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:38 am

Awesome site!
SoftballJunky619

by rtathletes1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:58 am

Here is a good question I thought you might find interesting:
Q: tried to send an email to a coach not involved. The email didn't go through and instead I was informed that an invitation was sent to coach. If he doesn't respond does that mean. I will not be able to email him going forward at all?

Also, the new coaches that I am going to send to you - will they also need to respond to an invitation before I can email them?

A: I put together a messaging system that will hit the coach from all sides.

The intra-messaging inside RTA is the most effective but does require that a coach be using RTA as these messages show up in their RTA inbox. When a message is sent the coach get's a notification in their regular mail that they have a new message in their RTA inbox. Now the college coach's DO want to use the RTA inbox fo their messaging! Why?
Because they can filter and sort these messages by their recruit profiles! This is very powerful considering a coach get's literally 100's of messages each day. Example:
Coach has 200 messages in their RTA inbox. It is Wednesday and coach cannot read all of these messages. But the coach is going to a showcase this weekend. So coach can filter the messages to show only those from players who are going to that event. When they read the message from a prospect and they are interested, they just click on the players name in the message and it takes them to the players profile/location and team data page where they can add them to a list, add their event to their calendar and much more.

Now we also can send the coach messages direct to their email accounts via the email marketer. This is a powerful tool that now only allows you to create professional looking emails, but you can send 100's of messages at one time and personalize all of them! The system also tracks opens, url clicks, forwards and much more. The idea behind this tool is to create a broad based marketing plan. Then use these metrics to narrow the focus on those schools that show interest through RTA messaging.

Coming in summer I plan to add an additional function where a player can create an message and mail merge with her college list to create personalized hard copy letters! The power of the post office still rules over email!

Two additional points on marketing yourself:

1. use the comments post on your dashboard regularly! When a college coach adds a player to a list these comments are updated in real time just like twitter. College coaches use this to stay updated in an easy way with player they are interested in. Here is a screenshot from a cc dash on players they have on their watch list: http://screencast.com/t/S1MbnT8y

2. use the News Feed function to add your facebook inside RTA. I suggest you set up a facebook page just for softball and academics. Coaches can find your page inside RTA and you can make quick posts on your achievements, status etc.

You can see the focus is to give a player all the tools she needs to maximize her exposure to colleges. BUT, it's not a "shot in the dark!". We give you back real metrics to see those schools that are showing interest.

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Carter from @RTA
Your Real Time Athletes Support Team

Connect in real time...really easy!

Tell A Friend and Spread the word about RTA... click here; http://goo.gl/OMpph1
rtathletes1

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions