Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

pitching blister?

What's on your mind?

by Judd » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:18 pm

DD has a blister that popped on her pitching hand, right where her finger grips the seam, and now its an open wound. So obviously it bothers her when pitching. Do we wait till it heals or make her suffer through it and it will callouse?

Whats a good way to prevent blisters?
Judd

by jofus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:25 pm

My DD's pitching coach told her to get some.... Tufskin, toughskin, something like that, I need to check with him again.

I've heard of pitchers using super glue also.
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Cannonball » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:26 pm

If she isn't pitching in a game but has to practice, we've used super glue. However, not on an open wound. We are fortunate that we have a trainer who applies the super glue and so,...

I would also state that this action would be illegal during a game. BTW, you might also have players that break their nails at the "quick" or split their fingernails. Application of super glue when it doesn't come into contact with the ball is legal.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Tuffskin/Nuskin is also ilegal. But all work great!!!
Sftbll4ever

by xxxYerOut » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Judd wrote:DD has a blister that popped on her pitching hand, right where her finger grips the seam, and now its an open wound. So obviously it bothers her when pitching. Do we wait till it heals or make her suffer through it and it will callouse?

Whats a good way to prevent blisters?

If you catch the blister before it pops, you can soak it in pickle juice and it will harden the skin and help it to callous.

Now that it has popped, it might take a few days. If you use Neosporin and keep it covered for a day, it will come right back. A liquid band-aid after the first day will help during practice, but is not suppose to be used in games either (ha ;) )
xxxYerOut

by Judd » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:49 pm

shes not playing any games now. Just trying to get back into practice. But I dont want to keep irritating it either

Thanks
Judd

Return to Fastpitch Discussions