Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Going Dark

What's on your mind?

by Nzane » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:34 am

When is the last day teams that have to go dark, can play??
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:44 am

For us Nzane HS can have their first official scrimmage on Feb. 23rd. They can play up until that date. Practices can start on Feb. 11th.
Sftbll4ever

by Nzane » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:06 am

Thanks. I'm gonna hate it next year when we have to go dark!!! :evil: :roll:
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 am

Mine is already going dark. Her team has 7 HS players. We may end up looking for pickup games on Sunday's when she is not practicing with her team.
Sftbll4ever

by Nzane » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:50 am

Thats why I dont have any 93 players. What team are you from??? Personally, I REALLY hate this rule!!!!
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:09 pm

My oldest dd is excited about playing for the school and with friends that she had not played with since Rec. Ball.
Sftbll4ever

by Cannonball » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:04 pm

We hold our last practice this Saturday. We're getting together for a team meal Thursday night at a local Restaurant. We are excited as well about hs but dd also will feel strange competing against her summer team. They all belong to one hs and she, along with one other, are the only two from other schools. Of course I could be jumping the gun here since she hasn't made the team yet. Our school will keep 22 girls for the program. Approximately 35-40 are going out. We are a small school on a tight budget. Unfortunately, that is the lay of the land. Good Luck to everyone as HS ball begins.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Kat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 pm

22 Girls?? for the entire program?? Or is this for Varsity only? And if it is 22 girls on Varsity holy cow that is an insane amount of girls for one team. My DD played Varsity last year and she will most likely miss tryouts this year but we have spoken to the coach already and he says not to worry she is still on Varsity so in a way its not that bad of a deal. She gets to keep playing basketball in the nice warm gym, doesn't have to go out in the cold for softball tryouts and still gets her spot on the team!! Gotta love it.
Kat

by jofus » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Our local high school has 22 on the team also, I believe (total, varsity and JV). Around 50 signed up for the try-out. Thankfully I have a couple more years before I have to worry about HS ball :)
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Cannonball » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:08 pm

22 girls TOTAL to comprise both a JV and Varsity teams. (11 per team) We are typical of area programs. Making our HS team is very hard and often good players get cut. Our HS program does well and is currently rated 11th in our state coaches association preseason poll for our class. It is not uncommon for one or two of our girls to sign a D-I scholarship. The sophomore class is the first class to have a substantial number of girls play "select" or "travel" ball. We're hoping that this leads to big things later on. Or course my dd will have to bust butt to earn a spot. If not, we'll work harder.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

Return to Fastpitch Discussions