Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Integrity of the sport is being lost, Its all about the $

What's on your mind?

by ocpops » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:11 pm

It seems that every year it gets worse and worse. Will it ever truly be about the kids rather than the almighty buck? And I am talking about tournament prices, tournament fixing and the capitalistic mentality that we are in control and its our way or the highway. There has been a few this year who have said they are trying to make the difference in the way tournaments are being held and ran. But really in the end there's really nothing governing these socalled saviors of the sport were competing with the big boys right? Ask for your money back, Ask about rainout policies, Ask about the brackett, Try to get your refund, Shoot ask any question and get bit up. I have been lied to, cheated and most of all disapointed more so this year then ever before.

No sympathy needed here just venting a bit, after :x all high school ball is here. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...................................................................................
ocpops

by DonnieS » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:12 pm

>> and the capitalistic mentality <<

Wow, that says a lot - and what part of California are you from?
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BetheBest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:06 pm

ocpops wrote:It seems that every year it gets worse and worse. Will it ever truly be about the kids rather than the almighty buck? And I am talking about tournament prices, tournament fixing and the capitalistic mentality that we are in control and its our way or the highway. There has been a few this year who have said they are trying to make the difference in the way tournaments are being held and ran. But really in the end there's really nothing governing these socalled saviors of the sport were competing with the big boys right? Ask for your money back, Ask about rainout policies, Ask about the brackett, Try to get your refund, Shoot ask any question and get bit up. I have been lied to, cheated and most of all disapointed more so this year then ever before.

No sympathy needed here just venting a bit, after :x all high school ball is here. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...................................................................................

Sounds like a man who has been batbusted!
BetheBest

by Mr. Burns » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:19 am

I'm not exactly sure what your beef is but I have a similar feeling. My older daughter who is now in her 20s started out playing in a town of about 200. Back then 10u was everyone from 7 on up. The coaches pitched, we played about eight games against other small towns, had a league tourney and were done by the 4th of July. Fast forward 10 years to my younger daughter. We've got the 12 best players in the county, we drive 30 miles to a town of 250,000 to play in a league. Every girl has two uniforms, matching bags and helmets. We start practicing in January though some are taking private lessons all year. We play in eight tourneys and a total of 50 or so games. And I know this is minor compared to some. I drive by some of these small town fields now and they are rarely used. Makes me kind of nostalgic for the old days.
Mr. Burns

by Demonboy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:58 am

Spazsdad wrote:
DonnieS wrote:>> and the capitalistic mentality <<

Wow, that says a lot - and what part of California are you from?

Why do you think the poster is from CA?

Just the throwing of the obligatory "liberal/commie" label.

I was about to warn the poster what was coming but alas the horse was already out of the barn.

Dogmatic fanaticism is so dependable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:11 am

>> Just the throwing of the obligatory "liberal/commie" label. <<

Actually I left out "Pinko" - but the day is early.

And no doubt that label doesnt apply to the majority of Californians but the majority of people who would use the team 'capitalistic' as derogatory I would bet do call California home.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:53 am

DonnieS wrote:>> Just the throwing of the obligatory "liberal/commie" label. <<

Actually I left out "Pinko" - but the day is early.

And no doubt that label doesnt apply to the majority of Californians but the majority of people who would use the team 'capitalistic' as derogatory I would bet do call California home.

Right on time.

Hope you don't mind Donnie but I just used you to time my hard boiled egg. Predictable/dependable as ever.

Dogma never sleeps. :D
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:14 pm

>> Dogma never sleeps. <<

Actually, mine is sleeping over by the door. She had a good walk this morning.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions