Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Integrity of the sport, has bitten me again''''

What's on your mind?

by ocpops » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:12 pm

After feeling the way I did yesterday I guess I must of been extra tired, So I slept in a bit I usually walk JJ first thing in the morning we get a cup of coffee almost everyday from 7-11 but today it was already too late and I really had to go to the office and get some work done. We have'nt missed a day together in gosh I don't know how long. It started to bother me mid way through my first cup of coffee at work so I made a couple of important phone calls signed off on some invoices and decided to go back home and walk JJ after all. When I pulled up to the driveway and got out of the car these irrie feelings came over me I'm not sure why I walked over to the side of the house to go get JJ when I got to the gate my heart dropped to my stomach the gate was slightly open, tilted on one hinge and JJ was hanging by his caller from the rod iron post. All I could think of was how stupid, selfish and childish I had been, yesterday with comments. How do you deal with this? my pet, my JJ, My friend. What do I tell my DD when she gets home from practice today? How do you fix this? Its all inperspective now the money the brackett fixing and lieing all means nothing to me anymore. All I want is JJ back.:(
ocpops

by Bucket Mom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:42 am

oc,

I am sorry to hear about your loss, that really does stink. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Bucket Mom

by Tucson » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:02 am

I don't know what you did yesterday, but I am sorry for your pets death. My son had a very active black pug. One day as K came home at lunch, Puggles burst out the door and into traffic. He was hit and killed. I had to console my son, long distance by phone. It was awful.

I have tried to teach my kids that the dogs are pets. I told him "Puggles is not a child." I know it hurts. But you can get over it, unlike losing a family member.

I hope this makes sense. I am a dog lover. I have a dalmatian and a Wheaton mix. We lost one old dog to a natural death and replaced her with a look alike. There are wonderful dogs that need homes. Perhaps in time, you will feel like getting another one.

It is probably too early in your mourning process for any words to help.
Tucson

by katjoebenmom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:34 am

ocpops---so, so sorry for your loss. :cry:

It truly is like losing a child (you'll be grieving and actually physically ill for some time), so just try to be kind to yourself and the rest of your family---no guilt or blaming---and just try to recall all the good times you had with your beloved pet (it sounds like he had a great dog's life).
katjoebenmom

by ocpops » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:40 pm

:| Thanks to all for your kind words I greatly appreciate them. JJ was a 10yr old 125 lb american Akita brendal in color with big brown eyes he always had his tongue out and had that goofy scooby look on his face, seems like all the time. It has been a sad and happy past 24hrs you see my DD came home yesterday and told us she made varsity, something she has wanted and had set as her goal for her freshmen year. Not sure if we did the right thing but we took her and a friend out for dinner and a movie and waited until today to tell her about JJ we really wanted to keep her away from the house until bed time. We waited until the morning to tell her the bad news it was difficult for her to understand, growing up with JJ and all he enjoyed many days at the park watching her practice and play. I know deep down he would be proud of her accomplishment I am too but JJ will always be on my mind. That first day at the park I know will feel a little strange not having him in the car or there to walk or bark at the girls playing catch. I am not sure what you would call these last couple of days events a little lost for the right word or term but feeling a lot closer to family and friends right now. Take care and thanks again for the kind words and most of all listening to me babble.
ocpops

Return to Fastpitch Discussions