Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Bat Reviews... Need Help selecting a bat....

What's on your mind?

by It's me! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:05 am

I am getting ready to purchase another bat for my DD. Her current bat is a ’07 Easton Stealth 33 drop -10. DD is a big bat; I’ve seen too many broken stealth’s (she has had this bat for over a year now) and I am afraid the bat will brake soon. I am in search of a good bat, can anyone recommend a good bat? Everyone has a preference but I would like to take a consensus… :?:
It's me!

by nitros » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:24 am

Demarini Pheonix is making lots of noise. The Rocket techs are still at the top as well(no composite=no ban)
nitros

by xxxYerOut » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:49 am

If you do not like end loaded feel of the RT and are not going to grab a composite while you still can, it might be worth the wait to at least see the balanced model Anderson is releasing in April.
xxxYerOut

by artomatic » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 am

xxxYerOut wrote:If you do not like end loaded feel of the RT and are not going to grab a composite while you still can, it might be worth the wait to at least see the balanced model Anderson is releasing in April.

not sure, but that might be a slowpitch bat..
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Skarp » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:25 am

artomatic wrote:
xxxYerOut wrote:If you do not like end loaded feel of the RT and are not going to grab a composite while you still can, it might be worth the wait to at least see the balanced model Anderson is releasing in April.

not sure, but that might be a slowpitch bat..

Not according to Nate. http://www.messageboard.andersonbat.com/showthread.php?t=4303

It's supposed to be a balanced fastpitch bat, but still -9 and still 2 ounces heavier than the listed "swing" weight. He also says it should be just as hot or hotter than the current end-loaded bat (which they will continue to produce).
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by kls_hittingacademy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:46 am

I would take a look at the Michelle Smith bat that she has out. I talk to her in Chicago and she told me that it's the only bat to meet the new ASA guide lines. They where testing it in Arizona with Crystal Bustos, the did have her size bat the one she used was shorter and lighter than she uses and she was still hitting bombs with it. She hit this bat just as far as a composit bat.
kls_hittingacademy

by It's me! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 am

Hey Spazsdad you’re right about that….. Bustos can hit a bomb with a broom stick :!: My DD has no preference her previous bat was a end loaded. I like to thank everyone for their input we (DD and I) are going to check them all out. Also were going to Palm Springs next weekend to see what the college girls are using. If anyone else has anymore bats suggestions, I like to know…. :D
It's me!

by until the last out » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:59 pm

The Rocket-Tech still seems to have the most pop, but the DeMarini Phenix is also very good. What I like about the DeMarini is it comes in different weights, creating either a balanced or end loaded feel, whichever you prefer. The DeMarini has a bit of a break in period though.
until the last out

by until the last out » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Bustos swings a VERY heavy bat. I don't know what she'll swing without her Schutt. Anyone know?
until the last out

by It's me! » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:25 am

How about the Rip-It Elite? Does anyone know if the bat is worth purchasing :?:
It's me!

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions