Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

THE $$$$ FOR THE BLUES

What's on your mind?

by DonnieS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:52 pm

>> some times when you acept the responsibiliti of a job and get good mony for it you no need a reward <<

Oh righty then.

The thing that came out of this was hearing our girls (my daughters) and their teammates talk about how classy the blues were through the whole thing. You constantly hear this and that about the blues, it was good to hear the respect coming their way this time.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by chatterbox » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Hey guy's, just curious what are the BLUES being paid in So-Cal for friendlies and tournament play???

I believe its about $40 per game!
chatterbox

by NuNu's Dad » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:10 am

They are actually underpaid (according to the free market).

What I mean is that there is always a shortage of Blues. There is always pressure to move up in competition level. We had a couple of guys at our Association who were marginally competent at 12U Rec Ball and yet were recruited to do High School and even college games. If there is a shortage, then they are underpaid.

Then again there are just not alot of people who are willing to do the job at any amount of pay! Many who stick it out just don't care (anymore) and rack up as many game fees as possible.

When you reach the level of pay where you can select among the most competent Blues to do all the games in your league or at your friendlies, then you are paying enough. Otherwise they are probably underpaid!
NuNu's Dad

by Coach-Doug » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 pm

The reason I asked how much they get is because the Blues in my area get $25 per game. It's been that level for the last few years. They average 4 or 5 games per day/ per tournament, and most tournaments go 3 day's. Some of them definately deserve more and a few should be paying the tourney director at the end of the weekend.
Coach-Doug

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions