Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

New Bat

What's on your mind?

by toner297 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:44 pm

My dd currently swings an Easton scn8b and with all the old eastons being retired what do you guys recommend. Any suggestions thxs in advance
toner297
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 am

Louisville Slugger makes the best bats these days. Get the right size for her, and get it rolled gently by someone who knows what they are doing. Don't shave it though, and don't remove the end cap.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:57 am

Tyler Durden wrote:Louisville Slugger makes the best bats these days. Get the right size for her, and get it rolled gently by someone who knows what they are doing. Don't shave it though, and don't remove the end cap.

Isn't "rolling" illegal in all associations(including NCAA)?
jonriv

by Eric F » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Louisville Slugger makes the best bats these days. Get the right size for her, and get it rolled gently by someone who knows what they are doing. Don't shave it though, and don't remove the end cap.

"Best" is a matter of opinion and personal preference. LS, Demarini, and Easton all make top-level bats.

Say "no" to rolling.
Eric F
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:51 pm

Rolling is illegal and I think the comment is tongue in cheek... Time to pony up and get something made in the last 3 years... Cheap Bats.com (a HB sponsor) sells last years stuff at a great price... Remember it's the Indian NOT the arrow...
B34R DOWN

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
jonriv wrote:

Isn't "rolling" illegal in all associations(including NCAA)?

Yes and I can't believe TD suggested it. Sad....

My guess is TD stated that with underlying sarcasm. At least I hope so... :shock:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:38 pm

I too believe I detected sarcasm in TD's post. However, rolling remains a reality the youth side of this sport.

Speeding is illegal. Still I speed most places as it would take forever to get anywhere. In many cases the posted limits are dopey and unreasonable. Also every time I see someone else driving the speed limit there are like 1000 people trying to run them over.

Notice BigDawgBatRolling.com's new bat rolling page.
http://www.bigdawgbatrolling.com/order_bat_rolling.htm
Notice the images now prominently feature an ASA bat compression test gauge. The implication of those images and the words are that big dawg can take you right up to just below the red fail line.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:19 am

Certified Compression Tested Results
In order to insure your bats have been broken in to their fullest potential BigDawg compression tests each bat. A before and after reading is also given as verified results. This is another first in the industry by BigDawg.
Options
Notes
-Certified Compression Tested Results
-Ultimate Bat Break in
-Broken Bat Guarantee
-10 Years of BigDawg Experience
Purchase The Ultimate Break In
Priority Shipping Times
Broken Bat Guarantee
If we break your bat in the rolling process BigDawg will replace your bat.

...they'll replace your bat if they break it...piece of mind *roll eyes*
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:20 am

I suggest bat rolling, then I get abused ;) by my peers. Then a couple of you post links and ads for the Big Dawg. Awesome.
But seriously, there is no need to roll that stick. Strap on some batting gloves, get in the cage, pound a couple hundred 70 mph fastballs, (rotating the bat as you go), and it's ready.
Reminds me of the bat story I've told here in years past. I'm at practice with one of my kids who was playing with a big So Cal org at the time. A couple of weeks earlier, all of the kids had just gotten new Easton's thru the org. at a discount. It was the year the black model and yellow model were both out. Anyhoo, I'm sitting with a couple dads on the hill above the field, watching live batting practice. My buddies kid takes a big hack, hits it off the end of her new Easton, and the bat seemingly blows apart. The end cap flies about ten feet out in front of her. Everyone is kinda frozen for a sec, then my buddy jumps up out of his lawn chair, drops his red cup, and is running down to the field.....I'm thinking, wtf is he running down there for? Why not just walk? He sprints out onto the field, grabs the bat out of her hands, grabs the end cap, and runs back up to where we are sitting. I notice that none of the on field coaches seem to be surprised or interested in his sprint, or in looking at the bat. That's odd, I thought.....
He gets back up to where we are sitting and I look at the end of the bat and its got lots of glue in it, and powder all around the inner walls. That was my first experience with the doctored bat. No word on whether he turned it in for warranty replacement ;)
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:I suggest bat rolling, then I get abused ;) by my peers. Then a couple of you post links and ads for the Big Dawg. Awesome.
But seriously, there is no need to roll that stick. Strap on some batting gloves, get in the cage, pound a couple hundred 70 mph fastballs, (rotating the bat as you go), and it's ready.
Reminds me of the bat story I've told here in years past. I'm at practice with one of my kids who was playing with a big So Cal org at the time. A couple of weeks earlier, all of the kids had just gotten new Easton's thru the org. at a discount. It was the year the black model and yellow model were both out. Anyhoo, I'm sitting with a couple dads on the hill above the field, watching live batting practice. My buddies kid takes a big hack, hits it off the end of her new Easton, and the bat seemingly blows apart. The end cap flies about ten feet out in front of her. Everyone is kinda frozen for a sec, then my buddy jumps up out of his lawn chair, drops his red cup, and is running down to the field.....I'm thinking, wtf is he running down there for? Why not just walk? He sprints out onto the field, grabs the bat out of her hands, grabs the end cap, and runs back up to where we are sitting. I notice that none of the on field coaches seem to be surprised or interested in his sprint, or in looking at the bat. That's odd, I thought.....
He gets back up to where we are sitting and I look at the end of the bat and its got lots of glue in it, and powder all around the inner walls. That was my first experience with the doctored bat. No word on whether he turned it in for warranty replacement ;)

Where is his DD now? Did she have the goods without cheating?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions