Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

CaptainU??

What's on your mind?

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:44 pm

I got an email yesterday from CaptainU.com addressed to my DD, claiming that "a college coach found her in a search on CaptainU. Click here to find out who..."The only problem is that I have never heard of this website, nor have I or my DD set up a profile on the website that could be searched for. When I clicked, it appears that they want to set up an account. Scam or Spam??

I replied to the email with these basic facts but have not heard back...
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softball65 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:54 am

You can set up an account for free. the email you described is their lead generating email.

We used their service one summer. The primary reason was that there are a few schools, like Florida, but there others, who ayou can not get an email address for form the public domain.. Others increasingly are using a general email like "softball@xxx.edu" to email the coaches. MOST of these email addresses are reviewed by the Dir of Ops or the team Manager or Student Assist coach. The coaches never see them. So we used Captainu to reach those coaches.

That said, some coaches will open your email almost immediately (you will get notification that they opened it in CaptainU). Other will never open it like VA TEch for example never opened a single email my DD sent them in CaptainU.

that said if you have no problems digging to find email addresses and keeping a log, I recommend email is all that you will need. If you are not willing to do that much work, CaptainU can make the process a bit less rigorous. we found it useful to supplement what we were already doing but did not use it exclusively.

Once you set up a profile coaches do have the capability to search for a 6' lefty pitcher with speed over 65MPH if they want. So you will get notifications that DD was found in a search....

We also got camp invites from coaches through CaptainU from coaches that saw her play somewhere, found her on captainU and emailed her. (Our team profiles did not have emails for the kids as the program wants coaching to work through them). some coaches prefer to contact kids directly so they used CaptainU to find her....or perhaps Googled her ans saw that she had a CaptainU account. Its $20/month and worth it while in season. We shut it off in winter and school ball season.
softball65

Return to Fastpitch Discussions