Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Who is Going Where

Sorcerer Whitney Massey verbals to Badgers

Reached your goal? Tell us where you are playing.

by Rspinman » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:48 am

Sunday, March 16
Whitney Massey Commits to the University of Wisconsin

Sorcerer outfielder-catcher Whitney Massey has verbally committed to accept a softball scholarship to the University of Wisconsin.

Massey took an unoffial visit to the school earlier this month and was impressed with a number of things. "I really liked the fact that the school is highly-regarded academically, she said. "I loved the campus; Madison, where the university is located; the energy of the coaching staff and how well I feel I would fit in with the players there."

The Badgers are coached by Chandelle Shulte with Julie Wright serving as recruiting coordinator. Wisconsin is a member of the Big 10 Conference.

"Whitney is highly deserving of this honor," Sorcerer coach Phil Mumma said. "She shows up to every practice with a smile on her face ready to learn and put forth maximum effort. She has improved tremendously since joining us last fall - both as a catcher, working with Kim Fabian, and as an outfielder, working with John Rebstock and Reny Sunga.

The Badgers will be getting an outstanding player, who always plays hard and has a beautiful swing."

Massey attends Everett Alvarez High School in Salinas, CA where she maintains a 3.7 GPA and has earned all-league honors.

Last summer she played for the Sorcerer 16s, who qualified for ASA Nationals. Wisconsin finished last season with an overall 27-20 record, narrowly missing post-season play.

Congratulations Whit!
http://eteamz.active.com/sorcerer18Gold/
Rspinman

Return to Who is Going Where