Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Who is Going Where

Artomatic can rest easy

Reached your goal? Tell us where you are playing.

by Clean_up » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Congratulations Sammy and Art, well deserved -- best of luck!
Clean_up

by artomatic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks to you heybucketers for all your well wishes...
Ok, I am going to break a couple of rules I give myself on Heybucket:
I am going to talk about my kid and I am going to talk about her team on here, but I hope you all understand...
Just got back in town after 9 days in Canada at the Canada Cup.
What a week.
First my kid verbals, then her team beats the Canadian Jr National team 8-7, and wins the Futures Gold Division Canada Cup championship, scoring 2 runs with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th inning. All in a steady rain that was coming down throughout the whole tournament.

Watching my kid make the phone call, it was hard not to get choked up thinking about all the hard work and sacrifices she has made to get to this point. She wasn't that little kid I once knew, I was looking at a beautiful, strong, confident, certain young woman talk with her future college coach. Mom and Dad couldnt be prouder.
And it doesnt end here, she will have to work harder to get stronger physically and mentally to improve her chances of success. When it comes down to it though, the softball is gravy to getting an education.

Canada is beautiful, and we made alot of new friends up there.
It might sound corny, but softball players from the states are ambassadors up there in this event.
And how cool is it when you can watch your kid's team playing teams from Brazil, Surrey, BC, Regina, Canada, or Washington, on one field, and walk a few feet away and watch Team USA playing Team Japan, or Australia's national team playing the Venezuelan national team on the next field?

And lastly, congrats to fellow 2013 Worth Cracker teammate Karley Wester, who also verballed to Notre Dame this week while we were in Canada, and 2013 Cracker North player Bridget Castro, who also verballed to Utah.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:57 am

Art, i could not be happier for Sammy, she definitely has earned everything that has come her way, and will continue to do so. Now I know for sure that your kid and mine will cross paths in the years to come, and thats what this softball journey is all about, meeting new people and developing friendships, congrats to the entire Cordova family!!!

You can exhale now, no red next year ;)
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CrushersDad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

Art, congratulations to your Daughter and your family!
CrushersDad

Previous

Return to Who is Going Where