Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Who is Going Where

Tulsa Elite Eastons Amy Graham commits to Oklahoma State Unv

Reached your goal? Tell us where you are playing.

by TulsaEliteGold » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:07 pm

The Tulsa Elite Easton Gold is pleased to announce Amy Graham 2009 IF/OF from Hominy HS (Ok.) has verbally committed to accept a softball scholarship to attend NCAA D1 Oklahoma State University in Stillwater Ok.

Amy is the daughter of Mark and Laura Graham and has attended Hominy Schools since the 6th grade after her family moved from Cleveland .

Over the past three years, Amy burst onto the scene and become known nationally as a standout, multi-sport athlete. She was heavily recruited by many top Division One Universities on both Softball and Basketball, but chose to pursue her dream of playing Division One Softball. Even though she was recruited by other top programs over the past few years; in her heart she knew she always wanted to be a Cowgirl & truly looks forward to being close to home and family.

When asked about her choice, Amy said, “I just always loved it at OSU. I have a lot of friends there and have been going to camps and clinics with the coaches there for a long time and they are great. I just knew Stillwater was really where I wanted to go all along and plus all my family and friends will be able to come watch me play and I will still be close enough to come home often on the weekends and spend time with my family.”

This summer Amy played for Steve Bachman’s Oklahoma Babes Gold and helped lead them back to ASA 18U Gold Nationals by leading the team in batting average and ranking in the top few in nearly every offensive category. In addition to playing for the Babes since last fall, Amy also played in 28 games for the Tulsa Elite Easton Gold, coached by her Cousin, Jeff Filali and she will be playing full-time with the Tulsa Elite this fall.

Amy continues, “Coach Wiggs (Head Coach Rich Wieligman), Coach C (asst Coach Clarissa Crowell) and Coach Gray (asst Coach Tom Gray) are great coaches and I really like what they are doing at Oklahoma State and am so happy to be part of it for the next several years.” “With all the Athletic and Academic expansions going on from the contributions of Boone Pickens, OSU athletics have so much more to offer then most schools and its only going to get better”.

Amy is known as a great, consistent offensive threat with solid power and speed on the bases. In 2006, she attended the USA Olympic Tryouts in Grand Prairie TX and during her Soph HS Season hit .667 (60-for-90) while stealing an impressive 76 bases in 80 attempts (NFHS National Record Ranks 7th in SB/Season). She followed that up as a Junior by hitting .615 (59-for-96) with 49 stolen bases in 52 attempts.

She is currently hitting over .600 again with over 30 Stolen Bases mid-way through her Senior season and is on pace to break into the National Record books again with a NFHS Top 10 All-Time Career Batting AVG, her current career average would put her at #6 on the All-Time records list. In addition, if she maintains her current pace of stealing bases, she could break into the NFHS Top 10 of All-Time Stolen Bases in a Career; 36 more would put her at #10.

Amy is quick to give credit to her family for their ongoing support of her throughout the years, especially her parents; “My parents have spent a lot of money and time the past several years taking me all over the United States to tournaments and college camps where I was able to play against the best players in the nation including current college players. That experience just made me realize how hard I had to work to achieve my dream and improved my game, while also giving me the confidence to know that I can do it”.

Also, she thanks all her coaches; “I have played for some of the nicest coaches in the world and they all encouraged me to pursue my dreams and never give up”. “I want to thank every one of them for always encouraging me and pushing me to be better.”

Finally, she thanks her cousin for spending a lot of time helping her; “My cousin also helped me so much on getting my name out in the media, he contacted college coaches for me all the time and set up college visits, he got me invited to several camps and the Olympic Tryouts and was the one who initially talked to the Oklahoma State coaches about coming to watch me play and kept them updated on my schedules and progress; he just always believed in me”.

Amy’s Athletic Awards:

Senior – 2-Time ESPN/Rise Mag HS Stat Star (08/26; 08/18), Tulsa World Softball Player of the Week (08/19), Tulsa World Pre-Season “Player to Watch”

Junior – Finished as one of the Top Hitters in the State again with a .615 AVG (59-for-96), with a 1.166 Slg %, 13 Triples, 21 Doubles and 49/52 Stolen Bases, All-HSSTM Softball Team, Tulsa World Softball Player of the Week (09/05), Daily Oklahoman Hot-Start Profile (08/30), (6-Time) CoachesAid.com Softball Hot-List Award Winner, (2-Time Appearance) Tulsa World High-School Sports Softball Notebook, Student Sports Softball Blogger, Hominy High School Softball Offensive MVP of the Year Award, EA Sports All-American Team Nominee, NFCA/Louisville Slugger High School All-American Nominee, Gatorade State Softball Player of the Year Nominee (Oklahoma) (Basketball) University of Tulsa “Junior-Day” Invitee & Participant, All-HSSTM Basketball First-Team Selection Guard (Class 2A), Northern Oklahoma Conference Basketball First-Team All-Conference, Hominy High School Basketball MVP of the Year Award, CoachesAid.com Basketball Hot-List Award Winner, Ranked #3 in Class 2A Basketball Scoring for the Season (16.5 PPG) (Track) OSSAA Class 2A State Track Qualifier (1600M and 3200M Relays)

Sophomore- Led the State of Oklahoma in AVG (.667 ~ 60-for-90) and Stolen Bases (76/80), 3rd in State of Oklahoma for All-Time Stolen Bases in a Season (76), 7th in the Nation for All-Time Stolen Bases in a Season (76), Patty Gasso OU Advanced Softball Camp Team MVP, Student Sports Softball Blogger, Rivals.com’s Top of Class of 2009 Watch List, Student Sport Softball “2009 Prospect on the Rise”, Oklahoma Fastpitch Recruits “Player on the Rise”, USA Olympic Team Tryout Participant (Grand Prairie, TX Aug 19th, 2006), PFX Tour and Dot Richardson’s Rising Star, (6-Time) CoachesAid.com Softball Hot-List Award Winner, Tulsa World Softball Player of the Week, Daily Oklahoman Softball Player of the Week, Hominy High School Softball MVP of the Year Award, EA Sports All-American Team Nominee, NFCA/Louisville Slugger High School All-American Nominee, Gatorade State Softball Player of the Year Nominee (Oklahoma), (Basketball) High School Sports the Magazine All-Basketball Team Selection, Northern Oklahoma Conference Basketball First-Team All-Conference, Hominy High School Basketball MVP of the Year Award, (5-Time) CoachesAid.com Basketball Hot-List Award Winner, High School Sports the Magazine Spotlight Award (Basketball) March 2007, Ranked #2 in Class 2A Basketball Scoring for the Season (17.5 PPG), Recruited by the Oklahoma Magic ’89 to play AAU.

HS Batting Stats:
Hits At-Bats AVG SLG% Stolen Bases/SB Attempts
2007-08: 59 96 .615 1.166 49/52
2006-07: 60 90 .667* (Led the State of Okla ) 76/80 (7th in All-Time NFHS Records)
TulsaEliteGold

by Demonboy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:59 am

Great job OKLAHOMA BABES getting your players signed. Good luck Amy G.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

Return to Who is Going Where