Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Who is Going Where

Updated College Commitment List - 2012-2016

Reached your goal? Tell us where you are playing.

by jmo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 am

I have updated the commit list for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 classes. Please PM me with any that I have missed. I am sure there are still quite a few. I am still trying to go through old emails. My fault for letting it go so long :roll:

http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/pos ... 6?trail=30
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 am

Next up, reorganizing the conf. with all the changes for this year and next year.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!
Sftbll4ever

by jmo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:47 am

Sftbll4ever wrote:Next up, reorganizing the conf. with all the changes for this year and next year.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Correct. Have made a few switches already but have to finish that. :D
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 am

Lists like this are both helpful and perhaps harmful

Helpful

1) In a way keep colleges "honest" about what commitments are out there by making them public

2) Allow recruits know what schools have filled their slots

Harmful
1) May make some recruits to feel pressured to commit with a school they might not really want, but fear that time might be running out

2) Although I am sure the vast majority are legit, I am aware of at least two "verbals" that are a complete figment of the parents mind, but that are still listed here.
jonriv

by PDad » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:37 pm

jonriv wrote:Lists like this are both helpful and perhaps harmful
Harmful
1) May make some recruits to feel pressured to commit with a school they might not really want, but fear that time might be running out ...

I think jmo's list is very helpful in this regard because it shows only a small minority of schools are filling their slots with early verbals (frosh/soph). It provides a far more accurate landscape than people get from hearing the individual announcements.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BoomBoomPow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:50 pm

I really do think this list is helpful...but, What makes it difficult is there is no positioning :?: , just names...other than trying to google each name and find a roster to look at position played, it really just gives an idea of graduating years information...
BoomBoomPow

by jonriv » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:17 am

PDad wrote:
jonriv wrote:Lists like this are both helpful and perhaps harmful
Harmful
1) May make some recruits to feel pressured to commit with a school they might not really want, but fear that time might be running out ...

I think jmo's list is very helpful in this regard because it shows only a small minority of schools are filling their slots with early verbals (frosh/soph). It provides a far more accurate landscape than people get from hearing the individual announcements.

A good point as well- sometimes the reality is far different than the "grapevine"
jonriv

Return to Who is Going Where