Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Who is Going Where

Tulsa Elite’s Shelbi Redfearn 2010 chooses Baylor University

Reached your goal? Tell us where you are playing.

by TulsaEliteGold » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Tulsa Elite’s Shelbi Redfearn chooses Baylor University!!

The Tulsa Elite Gold is pleased to announce Shelbi Redfearn, a Class of 2010 Outfielder from Stillwater HS (Ok.), has verbally committed to accept a softball scholarship to attend, NCAA Div 1 & Top 25 Ranked, Baylor University in Waco, TX.

Shelbi is the daughter of Darren & Kasi Redfearn of Stillwater, OK and plays HS Ball for Coach Angela Knott. She recently broke the Career HR Record at Stillwater HS that was previously held by Katie Norris (2008 Grad now at OU).

Shelbi joined the Tulsa Elite Gold in the Spring and already had a few Regional D1 programs watching her, but quickly attracted the attention of the majority of the Big 12, SEC and many Top 25 programs with her massive power and hustle. She had a phenomenal inaugural season playing for the Elite and finished the summer with an impressive 17 HRs. and was heavily recruited by many Top Programs.

When asked about her decision Redfearn said, "I chose Baylor for many reasons. It was apparent to me from the get go that the coaches had a strong love for God. That is really important to me. My faith means a lot. With Baylor being a Baptist school I knew I would get the spiritual support I need. The coaches and the players are the people I want to spend the next four years of my life with.”

In addition to Baylor, Shelbi went on many College Visits & had Offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Louisiana-Lafayette, Tulsa, Auburn and Others, but really loved everything about Baylor.

Redfearn continued; “The academic facility is top-notch. I like the fact that there are only about 14,000 students that attend Baylor. That will make it easier to learn because the class size will be smaller. Graduating from Baylor would say a lot because Baylor is one of the best academic programs in the Nation. I have always wanted to play Division I ball! My dream has come true and I am excited that I am getting the chance to play in one of the best conferences with one of the best teams and look forward to playing for Coach Moore and Coach Lumley."

Elite coach, Jeff Filali on Redfearn: “We are very proud of Shelbi’s performance this summer and feel that she has made the best decision to pursue her goals on the field, in the classroom and in life. Shelbi is a very special athlete that a coach is blessed to be able to coach, but she also remains very humble and just wants to play ball, while getting her degree. She does all the little things that spark an entire team’s chemistry, her teammates love to be around her and she is one of our many role models for our younger teams to look up to. She hits the ball like Mantle, plays all out like Rose and has the enthusiasm of Mays. She works very hard on her own and is very dedicated to improving every aspect of her game; she comes from a great family and is a great kid. She has the potential to be a very strong addition for Coach Moore. She becomes the Elite’s 5th Big 12 Scholarship Commitment within the past 14 months, joining Oklahoma State’s Amy Graham ’09 & Taylor Woodall ’11 along with Oklahoma’s Javen Henson ’10 & Callie Parsons ‘11."
Jeff Filali
Asst Softball Coach
Butler Comm College - 25+ D1 Signees since '11
www.butlergrizzlies.com

Founder/GM/Coach
Tulsa Elite Softball - 130+ College Commits since '08
www.tulsaelite.org

eM: jeff@TulsaElite.org
Ph: 918-951-7142
TulsaEliteGold

Return to Who is Going Where