Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

ARIZONA 12U RANKINGS/NEWS/TOURNEYS

by dad98dd » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Yes the other site is pretty ridiculous when it comes to reality of the teams. But that is why we are here to get away from the one sided BS of the site owner and his 1000 personalities he has to keep it going.

It is mentioned about 12u Storm. Looking back that team has come quite a ways since they started. Hats off to them and the coach. I have heard nothing but great things about her.

I thought 12U Sting was composed of mostly 97's so wont that team have to move up and have to retool?

Wildfire IMO is a pitcher or two away from being up there with the other top teams. They are pretty explosive offense solid defense too.

I see the top 3 as follows based upon head to head matchups regardless of pool or bracket play. I think it is safe to say whether it is pool or bracket play the coaches and girls want to beat each other at anytime.
1. Killer Bees (Beat Suncats and Hotshots)
2. Suncats (Loss to Bees but beat Hotshots 2x's)
3. Hotshots Devers.
4 - 15 ?????
From there though its a toss up. Pick your poison. I think anyone anytime. I dont see any one competing with those three.

It is a shame that here in AZ the level of teams are so far apart. You have your 3-4 elite teams and then it drops significantly.
dad98dd

by Arizona99 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 pm

This weekend should tell us alot about where the are. We'll see how well wildfire and hothots-mabry fare against the killer bees. I'll also be interested in how xtreme and storm do against hotshots-devers. IMO these are the top six teams in this tournament so It'll be interesting to how close the other teams are to the Bees and Hotshots-devers.
Arizona99

by dad98dd » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 am

Pool play posted. Looks like TD put alot of thought into the pools and balancing them pretty well.

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Bracket.asp ... ent=672546
dad98dd

by upthemiddle » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:00 am

dad98dd wrote:Yes the other site is pretty ridiculous when it comes to reality of the teams. But that is why we are here to get away from the one sided BS of the site owner and his 1000 personalities he has to keep it going.

It is mentioned about 12u Storm. Looking back that team has come quite a ways since they started. Hats off to them and the coach. I have heard nothing but great things about her.

I thought 12U Sting was composed of mostly 97's so wont that team have to move up and have to retool?

Wildfire IMO is a pitcher or two away from being up there with the other top teams. They are pretty explosive offense solid defense too.

I see the top 3 as follows based upon head to head matchups regardless of pool or bracket play. I think it is safe to say whether it is pool or bracket play the coaches and girls want to beat each other at anytime.
1. Killer Bees (Beat Suncats and Hotshots)
2. Suncats (Loss to Bees but beat Hotshots 2x's)
3. Hotshots Devers.
4 - 15 ?????
From there though its a toss up. Pick your poison. I think anyone anytime. I dont see any one competing with those three.

It is a shame that here in AZ the level of teams are so far apart. You have your 3-4 elite teams and then it drops significantly.

To finish off your rankings I would say:

4. Hotshots-Mabrey-
5. 12u Wildfire
6. Sting
7. Storm
8. Xtreme
9. Az Cats
10. SV Diamonds 98

Honorable Mention:
Liberty
Lil Saints
Phoenix Heat
Vipers

Looking forward to this weekends tourney.
upthemiddle

by AzFpFan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:13 am

While Mabrey has a good team and Wildfire can hold their own ,In the Thanksgiving tourney Sting beat Mabrey, Storm beat Wildfire and Sting beat Storm in final.Put sting and Storm above them.I think Sting does have some 97's though ?
AzFpFan

by tmolina » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 am

After top 3 it is any team any game. Xtreme has won and lost against Storm, beat Hotshots red, and has yet to face Sting, lost to Wildfire twice, last one in two tiebreakers. Hope they can make a strong showing this weekend, but most of all have fun and play with good Sportsmanship. Regardless it should maket hem better for the experience.
tmolina

by dad98dd » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Looks like 12u schedule being reworked. If memory serves me right looks like Ridge dropped out.

I think that Xtreme needs to be a little higher. Mabrey at 4 right now but dont think that they will stay there. 98 Cats deserves a little more respect.
dad98dd

by upthemiddle » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:58 pm

AzFpFan wrote:While Mabrey has a good team and Wildfire can hold their own ,In the Thanksgiving tourney Sting beat Mabrey, Storm beat Wildfire and Sting beat Storm in final.Put sting and Storm above them.I think Sting does have some 97's though ?

I agree Storm has shown improvement and will continue to get better but at this point Wildfire and Hotshots-Red are a tad better. That all could change real soon. Because of the 97's, we'll see what Sting will look like come January 1. Am I mistaken or did Sting drop out of this weekends tourney?
upthemiddle

by Arizona99 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Well it should be a fun weekend but I think except for Bees it should be pretty open. Mabry's down to 8 healthy players and may need some pickup help, storm is without a couple of players, not to mention an absent head coach. Hotshots-Devers is missing their catcher. Liberty and Xtreme seem to be the healthiest and in the best bracket to advance to the Semi's to face the Bees. So I'm thinking Xtreme vs Bees and Hotshots-Devers vs Wildfire for the final 4.
Arizona99

by Hey Bo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 pm

I believe the Bee's will be getting one of there injured players back.
Hey Bo

PreviousNext

Return to AZ