Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

12U TOP TEN RANKINGS (ARIZONA)

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Last edited by THE MAD-DOG99 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:33 am, edited 48 times in total.
THE MAD-DOG99

by dienasty97 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Well you woke me up and I would like to add my version of this.
1) Az Dynasty
This team is extremely talented and their record speaks for itself. Until this weekend they have placed 1st or second in every tournamnet including the Border madness which they lost to SO cal Titans that had a 96 pitcher from Corona angels filling in and a tournament in Laughlin that they lost to LV rage in championship (Very good team). Took First in 1 ASA (Ron Boldin) and 1 TCS (Fun in the Sun) this year. This past weekend were eliminated in semi by Hot Shots which is # 2 Team on the list. AZ dyanasty Did not have 2 starting pitchers for this tourney but did get great showing from third and a pick up.

2) Hot shots
Great team well coached and played very well this weekend. They always come to play. Under normal conditions have had two losses to AZ dyansty in tournament play.

3) Tucson Scramblers Maroon
I know nothing about this team but their record speaks for itself and they could be higher but since I am posting not on this one.

4) Casa Grand Heat
Very good team they took the championship this weekend however it was with girls from a few different teams. Nothing wrong with that but you need to win with your team to get more props than four. Not trying to offend and I hope the coach does not take this wrong. He manages a great team and we love playing them. Even though it has only been once with Dynasty coming out on top by 1 in yuma. It was a very good game.

5) Team Arizona
Great core of girls. Very good time playing them. They have not beat AZ dyanasty this year.

Yes based on the name and comments I am a parent on Dynasty. I just dont see how Dynasty can be placed on the #5 spot. You really need to look at the record and base your information on facts. I dont think anyone can disagree with the top five other than Tucson Maroon. They have a good case to disagree.

After top five I think it gets a little blurry.
dienasty97

by dienasty97 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:36 am

I would like to correct myself on one point we did play up in a 14 U tourney and did not show well for the weekend but squeked a fifth. Lil Saints 14u had their way with us after we showed very well for the first three innings.

Its all in fun and I hope we get a thread that is entertaining.
dienasty97

by CG HEAT PARENT » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 am

Great job MadDogg on getting the 12U Rankings out there. This is mainly about opinion but also facts. I will mention the following FACTS about CG HEAT 12U:

They have a permanent roster of eleven which includes (1) '99, (3) '98's, (1) '96 and the rest '97's.

Yes, they had (1) pickup from Tucson but remember it takes a whole team to win it all.

CG HEAT 12U does not pick up "lots of girls" as stated by Mad-Dog 99. Get your facts straight.

The CG HEAT has 8 girls who have played on this team together for the past 3 years if not more.

Great group of girls along with outstanding, committed coaching who are loyal to their players.

Yes, there are lots of girls and their parents who want to be a part of CG HEAT 12U but location is what stops them.

Now for you Mr. DieNasty97:

We did not have a few girls from different teams this weekend.

And when you beat us in Yuma by one run, you forgot to mention you had at least two pickup players from TEAM AZ that weekend, right????? (fyi, we were short that weekend in YUMA and had no pickups)

Lastly, Mr. DieNasty97, look at our records and the tournaments we played in, it says it all. We were a first year 12U team and NEVER played in a 12B TCS tournament. In my eyes, the only teams that should celebrate a win in a 12B tournament this year should be a 10U team.

I look forward to our next meeting.

As a parent of CG HEAT 12U, my statements are facts. I can voice my opinions if needed to.

CG HEAT 12U deserves the #1 ranking followed by teams like AZ HOTSHOTS '97 who tied against us on Saturday and Team AZ who we always have a great game with.

I can't say anything about Dynasty 97 until we play them with players of their own. Nothing against you DieNasty97, we will just have to see this coming year. The challenge will make us both stronger.

Tucson also has some great 12U teams, Scramblers, 97 DT, and the 98 Suncats.
CG HEAT PARENT

by lefty97 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 am

Mad-dog99 great rankings, my input:

1)Casa Grande Heat 12U
without a doubt the best true 12u team in Az. I say a true 12u team cuz they are all 97's and 98's with the exception of just one. It will be very interesting come Jan. to see what they can do with the same team. They have great pitching depth, (I think the top pitchers in the 12u, three righties and very good lefty) good defense and hot bats! They have a great coaching staff and are well disciplined. They especially showed it this past weekend. Az dienasty97 of course is a little biased. As far as the CG heat team having pick up players, I know for a fact that they had just one and the Az dynasty team had at least 2 maybe 3. The same team next year watch out!!!!!!

2)Az Dynasty
This team may fall lower, maybe three or four. I spoke to the coaches and they advised they will be loosing three or four 96 players and are currently looking for 97's. They have one good pitcher and the others are slightly average, sorry!! The bats are very good and and they rely on that to pull them through with wins. They also have good defense. It will be interesting to see what they are like come next year. Good luck!!

3)Az hotshots
Another young team with good players. They lack pitching depth as it showed in the championship game this past weekend against the CG heat. Good coaching staff. Good luck!!

4)Team Az
Good team maybe will move up next year. Good players very hardworking team and knows how to win. Very scrappy team with great defense!

5)Desert thunder 97
Saw them play this weekend and played very well! Two good pitchers and solid bats, but not very sound on the defense. They are a very tough team, don't know if they have 96's or 97's.

6) Az Swat
A team that is still being formed. Not sure again if 97' or 96's. They play hard and are hot and cold.

7)Scottdale Fever 98
Very young and scrappy team. Their youth does show when they play 12u. The second year will be great for them. Good players but young, played well this weekend!

8)Tucson Scramblers
I heard they have about three or four 96's and a rumor is they are breaking up, hope not. They are recruiting players and don't know what they will bring come next year. As far as the team in recent weeks, months, very good team with good pitching and hot bats! They are coached well and play hard.

9)Lil saints
Young team and again shows when they play 12u. Will be very good in their second year, but will come and play. Smart players and work well together.

10)Aces
Don't know to much about this team so they could be ranked higher than 10, sorry. Saw them play this weekend and did very well, they came to play an opened up some eyes.

hon mentioned
suncats 98
shockwave
lefty97

by DsrtScorpion » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 am

I would put the Suncats in there they are a tough little team with some more experience they will move up quickly..
DsrtScorpion

by THE MAD-DOG99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:27 am

Excellent Job CG parent and everyone keep it coming...I did have you ranked # 1 , :lol:

so I do take everything into consideration..
picking up girls happens so I will retract the "lots" statement...
forgive me :lol: and Die Nasty was very positive about Heat...so it works both ways..

This is very good...

We should all be friends on the ballfield BUT always have to

"agree to disagree"... :lol:

Thread is coming on strong...keep it up...

Thx
THE MAD-DOG99

by dienasty97 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 am

COME ON MAN!
Dynasty has never borrowed any Team az players for one.
The one player we did pick up was playing outfield mostly to preserve integrity of core in Yuma.
Dynasty has more than one good pitcher.
Bats are fantastic.
We only have 1 96.
If you have played us and have not beat us you cant be above us.
Lastly,
Meet me at the monkey bars after school casa grand parent. Its on!
Just kidding dont hurt me.

Seriously it should be fun. and you better not show up at the monkey bars if you know whats good for you. ;)

Casa Grand would move to three spot or possibly two I think if Maroon is truly losing players as suggested by Lefty. It is a shame also if maroon has been playing down in 12u and taking opportunites from others if they have a core of 96. Again I know nothing about that team.
dienasty97

by lefty97 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:16 pm

The one thing I do know is that CG heat is an established team and should get their props. Az Dynasty just started this year and needs to prove themselves. Maybe they already did, who knows. Also with the talent of girls the heat team has, I know for a fact they very seldom use pick up-s.

Remember this, "every dog will have his day." You can do good in one tourney and loose the next.

And lastly, Az Dynasty if you want to be above someone you beat or think you should be number 1, then don't place yourself above the hotshots 97, they beat you this weekend!! I think this 12u is very owerful and all the teams has pros and cons, no hurt feelings!!!
lefty97

by CG HEAT PARENT » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks Lefty97 for your comments.

Dynasty97 is a newly formed team so we will see what they will bring come Spring of 2010.

Personally, the top '97 teams this past fall has to be HEAT, SCRAMBLERS, TEAM AZ, AZ HOTSHOTS 97 AND DYNASTY.

I am not going to exaggerate about this though, HEAT has strong defense and have been known for it and at least 5 awesome pitchers. Their bats have come around this past year and will only get better.

The coaches have big plans for these girls and I am glad my daughter is part of this team.
CG HEAT PARENT

Next

Return to AZ