Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

AZ

Friendlies in Tucson

by grindermom » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:51 am

Heard that there was a couple of friendlies down in Tucson. Any results??????? :ugeek:
grindermom

by wait...what??? » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm

DT96 over SWAT
DT96 over Aztecs
DT96 over Scramblers
DT96 under Cats
DT96 over CG Heat

Cats looked good. DT96 looked good. Desert Scorpion, Softball Junkie - got any info. on your team's results?
wait...what???

by hamlet17 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 pm

What part of "friendlies" do parents not understand?
hamlet17

by sftblljunkie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:49 am

My team did not play...... I heard that the Cats looked very good tho. I guess they finally needed to gel together. They beat the Scorpions 8-0 ( I think) and after that they were riding high!! There was no stopping them. The AZtecs also beat the Scorpions (sorry dont remember the score) but they struggled all day. It seemed like it just wasn't their day to play. Most of the team just didn't seem into it. DT looked good...nothing new there ;) They lost to the Cats? DT played something like 5 games....thats quite a long day. Cats and AZtecs played 4 games. Scorpions appeared to struggle a bit. Good batting but need a little defense work. Their shortstop played an incredible game against the AZtecs...she can't do it all tho. Their catcher needs to work with her pitcher some more to stop those drop balls. Pass balls means points on the board if you're playing an aggressive base running team. Scramblers were very surprising. They almost beat the AZtecs. Glad to see them stepping up and playing some 14 games. I think they are still a 12u team..... not sure tho,,, kinda been off the radar. SWAT was...well SWAT..... they are struggling also. Need to catch up to the pitching. Should have been playing 14u in the fall... but at least they are getting involved in all the friendlies they can. Wonder where Velocity and DT Blue were? Alleycats need to play big time.....they are sorely lagging behind. We will have to see who shows up to play in two weeks.
No blood.....No bone.....No tears. Suck it up!!!
sftblljunkie

by Dogma » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 am

Pros- Good softball, well maintained fields, good snack bar (Great fajitas!) and competent umpires.

Cons- Windy and cold at times.

I thought the level of play was very good overall. Cats looked very good. I would have liked to seen some out of town teams there though. Phx, NM or Cali teams would have been nice to have in the mix. Maybe next time.
Dogma

by DT96coach » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:26 am

Dogma wrote:Pros- Good softball, well maintained fields, good snack bar (Great fajitas!) and competent umpires.

Cons- Windy and cold at times.

I thought the level of play was very good overall. Cats looked very good. I would have liked to seen some out of town teams there though. Phx, NM or Cali teams would have been nice to have in the mix. Maybe next time.

Dogma, thank you for your kind words regarding our friendlies. We are very fortunate to have a great group of parents who consistently make significant contributions to the cause.

Just so you know an effort was made to bring in teams from outside of Tucson. There was a tournament in Phoenix, and California teams seldom travel eastward.

Mack La Ruse once posed the question, "Why travel abroad when you can get what you need at home?" :lol:
DT96coach
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DsrtScorpion » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 am

Great job DT with the friendly!
Next time some Red Bull at the snack bar to wake up our girls would be nice :)

See you next time...

tucsondesertscorpions.com
DsrtScorpion

Return to AZ